343 Trailer Reportedly Leaks Halo 4 Spoilers
But the Internet — specifically, users at neoGAF — have sighted some things in the trailer that could reveal spoilers about the first non-Bungie Halo title. And they posted them online. So now we’ve got a rundown of a number of bits gleaned from still images of what could be the game’s actual script. Or they could just be noise that may not actually be part of Halo 4.
Anyway, be warned: What follows may well be some pretty massive spoilers.
Lifted from the script is a battle with the game’s chief antagonist, a Forerunner (read: ancient aliens that built the halos) called the Didact. Interesting bit here is, sounds like the Didact is huge — big enough to pick up the Chief in one hand. It also sounds as though Cortana will take part in the battle in such a way that she seems to be more substantial than a hologram (as in, maybe she’s transferred into an actual body?).
We know that Halo 4 is focusing more on the Chief as a character and his humanity, as well as his relationship with Cortana. A few other things that neoGAF users gathered from the trailer and script:
- When Master Chief awakes, the Forward Unto Dawn is boarded by a bunch of Covenant – they are looking for something, not the Chief.
- The Covenant, a particularly religious remnant led by the Elites, have come in search of Requiem to find and look for a Forerunner weapon cache.
- The Covenant also believe Requiem to be the place where a living god is being kept – they wish to find and wake him up to enlist his aid in fighting humanity.
- Main antagonist is called Didact, an ancient Forerunner. He is the being the religious Covenant believe to be a living god.
- Dr Halsey, who made a cameo in Reach, makes an appearance as the Chief wants her help to find a solution to Cortana’s “problem.” (This being that, as an artificial intelligence, she’s starting to degrade or otherwise break down.)
- Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once – multiple Cortanas
- A climatic battle involving the Chief, Didact and Cortana takes place
- A character has, or appears to have, telekinesis
The neoGAF post also runs down a few bits that have been learned from an upcoming Halo 4 tie-in novel called The Thursday War. That book talks about both the Didact and Requiem, the huge Forerunner installation at the center of the game. A few bits taken from its Amazon listing:
- “Don’t you see it? Requiem. That’s where the Didact was hidden. That’s where they say he waits.”
- He tried to fight the flood. He tried to destroy the humans.
- That, he said, is the symbol for the holy warrior who will come to the aid of the faithful in their hour of need.
- Didact sleeps and must never be woken.
Game Front is on-site at PAX Prime all weekend (Aug 31-Sep 2), bringing you daily news, hands-on previews, interviews and pictures. Stay tuned for more PC gaming-focused coverage!