Major Counter-Strike: Source Update Now in Beta
Counter-Strike: Source is getting a pretty hefty update soon, and the new features are in beta as we speak. Sadly, all the beta slots have been taken, but those on the outside won’t have to wait long, because Valve says “this beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.” A quick rundown of the update features is after the jump.
- 144 achievements added
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard and end of round display
- Incorporated many source engine updates
These changes won’t shake up your game too much, but cosmetic updates are always appreciated.