60th EverQuest II Update — The Children of War
Few MMORPGs can tout the longevity of EverQuest II, and this grandfather of MMOs is still going strong; Sony Online Entertainment announced the landmark 60th update for its iconic game. Scheduled to arrive to the world of Norrath on May 17, 2011, the update will continue the storyline introduced to players in the recently released Destiny of Velious expansion pack and deliver content for all players, including battlegrounds and PvP improvements.
Furthermore, EQII welcomes back former players with its Take Flight Winback promotion. From April 14 to April 21, 2011, eligible inactive accounts can log back in for free for 7 days, claim a free flying mount and reunite with friends and enemies alike.
Update 60 includes:
PvP & Battlegrounds improvements, including but not limited to:
– Lobby system so players can hang together between matches with PvP merchants available locally
– New Velious battleground map (“The Frozen Tundra”)
– New Battleground game type! (“Vanquish!”)
– PvP and Battlegrounds rule modifications for better balance and fun factor
– Fame system improvements
– New PvP armor
- New Adornments interface to make this system easier to understand
- Continued honing of the itemization system
– Three new instanced dungeons
– Three new raids with all new bosses
– New daily missions
– Crystal Caverns
– Solo shard quest
– Two new heritage quests
– Additional signature quest line
More info on the EverQuest II Game Update 60 can be found here.