Ace Combat 6 Title Update Enhances Online Play
A title update for Ace Combat 6 has been released today which focuses entirely on tweaking the game’s online play for a more balanced experience. This free update will be automatically downloaded next time you start the game while connected to Xbox Live.
The changelist is as follows:
- The in-game HUD will now indicate when points are gained or lost in online play
- Players will now be penalized for crashing their aircraft, leaving the battlefield and being shot down by opponents in Team Battle and Battle Royale modes
- Players can now gain points by damaging enemy aircraft rather than making a complete kill in Team Battle and Battle Royale modes
- Players will now be invulnerable for a brief period of time after each respawn
- The overall strength of each special weapon has been updated for greater gameplay balance
- Players can now identify who is speaking in the pre-game lobby with a microphone icon next to their GamerTag
Doesn’t look like it’s anything that will dramatically change the game, but more of a “how it should have been” update. Any Ace Combat fans out there, feel free to share your thoughts on the changes in the comments.