Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 9: Siege
- Welcome to another multirole mission, so prepare accordingly. You’ll have fewer ground forces to worry about here, with the anti-air objectives proving much more difficult, so don’t be afraid to bring an anti-air special weapon.
- For this mission, you need to start by protecting four transport aircraft. Some bandits will appear not so far off, start targeting them and blowing them out of the sky. It won’t be hard, and afterwards there are some artillery launchers you can help destroy.
- Flying towards the base, another ASM entry point will appear. Use it to clear the base of enemy hostile ground forces, there’s nothing you haven’t dealt with before, you just need to move quickly. Don’t sit around and you’ll be fine.
- Once the first ASM point is clear, you’ll have two more to clear, with a couple of enemy fighters around to give you trouble. Take out the fighters quickly, or move against the ground forces. ASM isn’t required to kill enemy ground targets, but it does make the process much faster.
- You’re on the clock now, the air base is under attack and taking damage fast. You won’t be able to land and refuel without it, so start tearing into the enemy’s ground troops, using both ASM points.
- Clear the ground on both paths, then clear the sky of hostiles, and the base is relatively safe. Not for long though, as a group of tricky SU-25s move in to bomb your base. These guys might not look it, but they follow ASM paths as well, making them very vulnerable while they’re bombing the base.
- It’s easy to tell when an aircraft is using ASM, just watch for very slow, low to the ground aircraft. While they’re bombing, hit them with some easy missiles.
- Once that group of bombers are down, you’ll have to support Guts’ landing as he’s assaulted by two bandits. Pick them off, fire missiles, or your machine gun, just do anything to force them to break off from Guts then destroy them.
- When Guts lands safely, you’ll be cleared to land. Fly to the blue marker and keep the diamond within the cross – you’ll know you’re good when it turns red.
- Not so easy when bandits are locking-on to your aircraft and firing missiles. Quickly evade, then return to the safe path.
- After a very hairy refueling, you’ll be free to take off and continue defending the base. In the air, the transports will be trying to land while they’re harassed by four or more fighters. It won’t be easy, but you need to fly in fast and take those fighters out.
- The first transport will be destroyed in minutes flat if you don’t hurry. Fly past and swivel around, then slow down so you can pick off the four trailing jets behind the transport with your missiles. They won’t move and make easy targets. Don’t try to use DFM here, it’s too slow.
- The same will occur for all four flights, but the first is by far the trickiest. Once a transport lands, hunt down any remaining jets before the next transport arrives.
- You can only lose one transport, the second lost transport results in a mission failure.
- At the fourth arriving transport, ground forces will push towards the base. There aren’t many of them, but you’ll have to deal with those ground forces and the jets in the air.
- Focus on the first line of ground forces, and use counter maneuvers as you’re chased by enemy aircraft to quickly dispatch them, before continuing to pick off the tanks below. Use your machine gun if you didn’t bring any ground-based special weapons, it’ll tear the tanks to shreds.
- Once the ground forces are cleared, you’ve got the mission completed.
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.