Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 10: Hostile Fleet
- This time, you’ll be up against much tougher targets – ships. This is anti-ship combat, and these ships can prove pretty difficult. They’re armed with every weapon in the book, and have electronic countermeasures to stop your missiles and targeting systems.
- It sounds tough, but you’ll get through this. This mission is purely ground based, and you’ll be used several attacker role aircraft, heavily armed with land or sea warfare in mind.
- Check out the various weapons you can use – the RKTL can destroy a target if used correctly, while the LAGM is perfectly suited for ship combat with its powerful explosive blast that can clear a cruiser of guns. Grab the weapon you prefer most and launch the sortie.
- The Nighthawk is a handy aircraft to pick, it’s harder for SAMs to lock-on to, making it a great choice for this battle, but aircraft like the A-10A are more heavily armed.
- Your first objective is ahead, destroying an NRF Cruiser tugging the Prime Minister’s Yacht. Use the ASM point to destroy the single cruiser, which will be easy picking for your wing.
- What won’t be so easy is the aircraft carrier ahead. This monster is armed with everything, and will launch jets to take you down. Don’t worry about the bandits, your allies will take care of them, just focus on the SAMs and other ship-based defenses.
- Attacker role aircraft cannot enter into DFM, so if you’re chased, just hit flares. Flares are very important on this mission for keeping you alive while engaged in ASM.
- Keep hitting the carrier, using the new ASM entries to finish it off. Once it’s sunk, you’ll have to support the Spetsnaz boarding the Minister’s yacht by destroying the nearby fleet of ships moving in to attack.
- How do you fight an enemy fleet? Just use the nearby ASM point and hammer them with missiles and special weapons. These smaller ships can also take plenty of damage from your improved machine gun.
- One advantage of dumb weapons like the RKTL and the UGB is that electronic countermeasures won’t help the ships you’re targeting with them. Bring those weapons with you if you’re tired of having the lock-on suppressed.
- This cruiser is tricky, so you’ll need the entire wing to saturate it with gunfire, its auto-miniguns are shooting your missiles out of the sky. Use the new ASM Entry G to attack the cruiser from all sides and overwhelm it with firepower. Just make sure you take it out on the first pass.
- The ASM attack isn’t enough to destroy the cruiser, but it is enough to take down its missile defenses. Now that it can be hurt normally again, finish the cruiser and it’s escort off.
- Once that group is done, you’ll need to support the Yacht attack again, by clearing off the ships closing in. Use the ASM point and pick them all off, these escorts won’t be a challenge like the previous cruiser, normal missiles can take them out, or your machine gun.
- With the first batch down, another even larger group of ships will appear. Take them out fast before the Yacht takes too much damage and you fail. This ASM is tricky, so hit those flares as missiles come, and fly low to the ground.
- If you take too much damage, remember to back off and wait for your aircraft to self-repair. Take your time, fly away, and come back for a quick run to clear out more of the vessels.
- With that group gone, you’ll get another ASM Entry to attack a Battle Cruiser. This thing is the real deal, and is covered with every weapon available. The first pass won’t work, so pick up the next ASM Entry to disable its missile-tracking capabilities.
- After the second pass, pick up a third to disable more of the ship’s weapons. It is covered with gatling guns, so don’t get too close to all that weapons fire.
- With your third pass successful, just keep hitting it until the Russian Commander calls you off. Wait for the short dialogue to finish, them blast the Battle Cruiser out of the water. It may take several passes, just make them quick and come around for another, if you linger in the air for too long it’s gatling guns or missiles will tear your aircraft apart.
- With the Battle Cruiser destroyed, that completes the operation.
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.