Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 12: Motherland
- To the Kremlin or bust. This is a helicopter mission, and surprisingly, you’ll want those anti-air measures. There are too many Hinds, and those 4AGMs won’t last long. Grab the AAM, it’ll save your life here.
- Moscow is crawling with soldiers, your maneuverability will be severely limited later in the mission, and you’ll have to take out Hinds on top of all that. Bring the AAM to avoid future headaches.
- For the Air-to-Air portion, bring a Fighter Role jet, like the Raptor, and arm it with the QAAM, or the 4AAM, or even the 6AAM. Targets won’t be thick, but multi-rocket systems still help with easy targeting and taking down tough single enemies.
- A new aircraft, the Flanker E, comes equipped with good maneuverability and a 6AAM. Bring it, you’ll have heavy bomber contacts in the Air Supremacy portion of the mission. You’ll want something that can really put on the hurt.
- In the Apache, fly towards your objective waypoint marker. It’s ground suppression time, your goal is to help protect the tanks below. Worry less about those tanks, and more about destroying the TGTs.
- The first cluster of tanks and artillery have SAM and AA support on the fringes. Make them priority targets, then clean up the remainder with your RKTL or MG. The MG is slow to destroy targets, but you’ll just have to deal with it here, your main opposition is tanks.
- Next up, a cluster of targets are stationed near several tall buildings. Use them as cover from AA and SAMs as you close in and make the kill.
- Two Hinds will pursue your Apache among these buildings. Don’t use up all your AAMs yet, try to destroy one of the two with just your MG. Remember to weave through the buildings to avoid the enemy’s missiles, and use your MG to lead your target.
- Clusters of artillery aren’t far away, and your allies request for you to take them out. Fly low, once you reach the park, hit the dirt (Figuratively.) and wipe out each of the three clusters with your RKTL, cleaning up the rest with a steady stream of MG.
- When they’re gone, it’s time to deal with even more enemy near a large hotel. The roof here is covered with AA, stick low to the ground and they won’t be able to touch you. Alternatively, use the nearby buildings for cover, then pop up and shoot down the AA before focusing on your main TGT objective.
- While fighting AA, moving is your friend. Stop moving, and the AA machine guns will tear your helicopter to shreds.
- The enemy will try to cross the bridge and destroy it. Fly to the bridge and wait for them to come, they make easy targets while driving at top speed, just let loose on each incoming group with your RKTL.
- With the bridge now secure, take off north to support the allied advance. Lots of AA on the roofs, fly low or destroy them from afar, but the SAMs are thick here, making high-flying a risky proposition.
- Stay below the large building covered in AA and sweep the TGTs to help your allies first. Take down every target, and another Hind will be on its way. Take the time before it arrives to clear the rooftops of Missile Infantry and AA.
- Fly low down the river after blasting their Hind. Lots of AA and SAMs, as usual. Low flying will keep you alive. Saturate the first group near the river with the RKTL.
- The inner courtyard of the large building is swarming with Missile Infantry, best to just avoid all of them and keep out of their range. They can only hit your Apache if you’re flying directly above the courtyard, anyway.
- Hunt down the remaining TGTs, not so far away now. After the tanks are clear, the enemy will target anything flying higher than building level. For the rest of the mission, you’ll have to stay low while hunting bands of marauding SAMs and AA moving through the streets.
- Chase down the first group, stay low and safe, using the building for cover against AA or SAMs. The troops at the Russian Foreign Ministry are easy pickings, except for the AA and SAMs that drive up the road to engage you. Fly back down the street and pick them off with your MG before clearing the rest.
- A Hind will come for you, just hit it with those AAMs you’ve been saving. No problem.
- Next up, another radar truck is moving down the large street perpendicular to you. If you hurry, you can see them just passing by, and a good target for the RKTL.
- Another Hind will appear once the third radar unit is dead. AAM up, take care of that Hind and move on to the fourth radar unit on the move. They’ll try to use the tunnel for cover, but it just makes them easy targets.
- The last of the radar units are stationed at the Kremlin, along with most of their armor, apparently. Nearing the Kremlin, don’t bite off more than you can chew. Play this slow and careful, putting them down one group at a time. Start with the perimeter radar before jumping to the Kremlin pavilion.
- Clearing out the first groups, another Hind will show up. Use your last AAMs to destroy it. It’s all MG now, save the RKTL for the huge gathering of tanks.
- Nearing the parade grounds, a last Hind will attack. Back off from the Kremlin and engage the Hind far away from AA support. The parade grounds are covered in tanks, AA, and SAMs. Take your time, using the Kremlin buildings as cover. Hide behind one, and inch out while taking out as few targets as possible to your line of sight.
- The last two groups are inside the Kremlin walls. Duck under the walls and pop out, saying hello with a barrage of RKTL blasts. If you take heavy damage, remember to wait it out and let your helicopter repair.
- Things are looking good for the allies! Not for long, as a cruise missile hits the city. That completes the helicopter portion of the battle.
- Achievement/Trophy Unlocked: Berserker – Destroyed the air defense system, opening the way for allied pilots.
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.