Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 13: Aftermath
- This mission starts off right away, taking whatever Fighter role aircraft you picked in the previous mission. In Free Mode, you can choose whatever aircraft you like, but just remember you’re up against Bombers here, so come prepared with 4AAM or 6AAM to pound those heavy aircraft and their escorts.
- As the mission starts, you’ll need to take down cruise missiles before they reach their targets in the city limits of Moscow. Fly towards them and circle around to trail, don’t use DFM, instead just lock-on and hit them with your own missiles. They’re easy targets.
- Guts will help, so you won’t have to take out every cruise missile alone.
- There are plenty of cruise missiles here, using DFM does help you orient behind each row, it isn’t always a bad idea to use it on the last missile in a line.
- Decelerate once you’re trailing the missiles or you’ll zip right past them.
- With all the cruise missiles knocked out, the bombers will close in on the city. This is where those 6AAMs or 4AAMs will save your life. Target the lead bomber with your special weapon, and try to clean off any of the fighter escorts.
- If you do enter into a dogfight, end it quickly. Play defensively, only entering DFM when you’re being trailed by using a counter maneuver.
- DFM will help you against those heavy bombers. They only have two engines, target them with your MG while firing away with your special weapons to quickly destroy the bomber and move onto another.
- Time is critical, you don’t have to use DFM to destroy the bombers. As you’re closing in, try to pound them with missiles from long-range to soften them up and set you up for a quick kill.
- Focus on the bomber TGTs, the bandit escort will keep hounding you with missiles, but you’ll just have to muscle through it. Make wise use of your flares here, and use counter maneuvers to destroy your opponents in seconds flat without all that wasted time chasing them.
- When all five bombers are destroyed, you’ll have one bomber left to deal with, this time escorted by Markov, or Akula.
- Akula is the toughest opponent in the game. But you can’t play with him right now, fly by and get on that bomber’s tail. You don’t have much time to break him, and like all bombers, he’s armed with flares. Fire a missile or two to make it pop flares, then hit it hard with your special weapon when the flares are clear.
- This bomber won’t be easy, as it seems to have infinite flares. Focus on taking out the engines while in DFM with your machine guns. The escorts will be on your tail, pop flares of your own to stay alive long enough to kill the bomber.
- With the last bomber destroyed, it’s just you versus Akula. He’s a monster pilot, a true ace, and he’s tough. Get in DFM range and start hammering him with your machine gun. Akula has flares, and he won’t hesitate to use them, but they aren’t as effective as the previous bomber.
- What’s special about Akula? He can counter maneuver, just like you can. He’ll flip around and start trailing you. But, that’s also his fatal flaw in every battle. As you close in, watch for a red diagonal triangle to appear over your reticule, that’s your warning that Akula is about to counter maneuver.
- When Akula counter maneuvers, hit both shoulder buttons, like you would to counter maneuver yourself, and slam down on the machine gun. This will really help against any fight with Akula, especially later. Practicing a defense against enemy counter maneuvers will save your life in the future.
- Keep up the pressure, and Akula will go down, completing the mission.
- Achievement/Trophy Unlocked: Patriot – Protected Moscow from destruction, freeing it from enemy control.
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.