Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 16: Akula
- Choose your aircraft. This is going to be tough, there’s no way around it. The Raptor is the overall most balanced aircraft available. Take it’s 4AAM, and you’ll be good to go. As usual, it’s all about your personal preference, but the Raptor is a strong starting point for casual or new players.
- Welcome to Washington D.C. Things are ugly, and all the important aircraft are TGT_LEAD enemies. Pick them and take them apart one by one. Each of these TGT_LEAD aircraft are suicidal, try to destroy them as soon as you can, but that isn’t always possible.
- Like before, all of these pilots are aces, and tricky ones at that. You’ll find yourself under attack by multiple assault circles no matter who you follow, but try to save your flares for now.
- What makes these TGT_LEAD aircraft special is that they’ll use counter maneuvers too. Practice counters now, you’ll need to be able to perform them against Markov.
- With the last TGT_LEAD down, your new objective is bomber suppression. One bomber will appear on radar, soften it up with missiles before circling around to finish it off – your machine guns will tear apart its engines with a few seconds worth of accurate, sustained fire.
- All bombers will come from the southern edge of the battle area. Fly down there and be ready to engage more. The 4AAM or the 6AAM is perfect for splashing these bombers, they have no escort, the full payload will slam into the bombers.
- The last bomber flies low and slow, over pass him and decelerate enough to trail. Shoot him down, and there will be only one enemy left – Markov.
- This is the final challenge of the game, and it is hard. Chase Markov and stick behind him with DFM. He’s very mobile, pitching and weaving away. Either close in hard or decelerate to improve your turning speed to keep up. If you lose him for too long, Markov will drop Trinity on the White House, resulting in a mission failure.
- This is where all that practice countering counter maneuvers will save your life. Close in and let Markov counter maneuver, then hit him with your machine gun. He’ll still be behind you, so slow down and level out to initiate your own counter maneuver.
- There’s no way around this, once you’ve done enough damage he’ll initiate launch. This is your chance to really pound him with your special weapons and machine gun, finishing him off.
- But, this isn’t over. Trinity has been fired. You’ll automatically go into DFM, target it and just keep shooting with your machine gun. Use any wide targeting weapons and try to follow it as it spins through the air.
- If you succeed, it’ll blow up safely over the water. Now all you need to do is land, victorious. The war is over. Congratulations, you’ve finished Ace Combat: Assault Horizon! There’s still a lot more content to discover in Free Play and Multiplayer, don’t forget to check it all out.
- Achievement/Trophy Unlocked: Guardian – Protected Washington D.C. From the threat of Trinity, and returned alive.
- Achievement/Trophy Unlocked: Warwolf 1 – Cleared all missions.
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.