Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 5: Blue on Blue
- Moving directly into the next mission, you’ll learn a little bit about landing. Not for long though, as Russian planes take off just as you’re trying to land.
- No time for rest yet, you’ll be redirected to Carruth, but on your way to the waypoint, bandits will show up. Engage them, they’re just regular TGT pilots for now, but they’re still more difficult than what you’ve been used to up to this point.
- This mission starts as the first difficult challenge of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, and future missions only get more difficult. You’ll have to use every skill you’ve learned and perfect them to pull victory out of the jaws of defeat.
- DFM is your friend, but also your enemy. While in DFM you’re an easy target, so don’t linger. Close-in and blast your target with machine gun fire and rockets as quickly as possible, if you get a lock-on alert, break off from DFM and evade.
- Counter maneuvers are your best friend here, you can quickly end an enemy pilot after performing a counter maneuver, and don’t worry about enemy pilots using counter maneuvers on you just yet.
- Pick apart the rebel MiGs, and Big Bear Wing will arrive, but they’ll target and fire on you. The Russians have gone rogue, and there’s nothing to do but put them down.
- These Russian pilots are no push-overs, you’re outnumbered, and they’ll constantly try to lock-on to your fighter while using DFM. Remember you can only counter maneuver when you’re leveled out.
- The QAAM will be very useful during DFM against these very fast and tricky pilots. More of them will show up, adding to the chaos of the fight. Effective use of DFM, and taking down the enemy aircraft, is the best way to go here.
- Defeat all the TGT aircraft, then break off from the rest as they retreat, and Markov, the Shark, appear. He’ll go after Guts, don’t let him, fly in behind Markov and get him with the DFM, but he’s no ordinary opponent.
- Get into DFM, and Markov will counter maneuver you, doing major damage to your jet, before he breaks off and retreats.
- That ends the battle, but you’ll have to take your damaged jet in for a landing. Approach the blue circle to enter into a landing sequence. All you need to do is keep your diamond in the cross, when the HUD is red, that means you’re right in the money.
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.