Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 6: Power Play
- Another anti-air mission, taking place largely in the sky, but this time you’ll have even more problems to deal with than usual. This is a tough mission, so put on your war-face and pick out a fighter jet.
- The newest addition to your aircraft choices is the Typhoon, a mobile and heavily armed fighter jet. It comes equipped with a choice between the 4AAM and the 6AAM, which is hardly a choice at all. The 6AAM will target up to six air hostiles, or you can target fewer to hit those targets with more missiles. It’s possible to target a single craft and hit it with all six missiles. The only downside is their lack of homing capability in comparison to the 4AAM.
- Welcome to Dubai, the skies are full of bandits, so pick your targets and bring them down. These guys are even trickier than before, so take advantage of your machine gun during DFM. Peppering a target with your MG while in DFM will slow down their turning speed and make their controls sluggish, giving you a perfect opportunity to hit them with missiles, or slow their escape.
- If you’re being pursued in DFM by an enemy, but you don’t want to slow down too much to engage in a counter maneuver, try accelerating, forcing your pursuer to accelerate too, they quickly decelerate. You’ll close the gap in an instant, and can practically perform a counter maneuver instantly.
- Take out enough targets, and you’ll have bombers to deal with. Bombers are very tough nuts to crack, missiles won’t drop them out of the sky, unless you hit them with a lot of missiles. DFM is also dangerous, their fighter escort will put you down fast if you aren’t careful.
- You also have limited time to destroy the bombers. Try to pick off any fighters quickly, if anything firing missiles will force them to evade and give you some time to attack the bombers.
- Once you engage in DFM with the bombers, use your machine gun to target the bomber’s engines. Hit two on the right, or two on the left, just make sure one wing goes without engines and the entire bomber will drop.
- Some TGT_LEAD aircraft will arrive after the bombers are down. Just get in close and DFM, they’re tricky, but you’ll get them eventually if you stick with it.
- Destroy enough bandits, and three more bombers will arrive and head for the city. They must be shot down before they reach the city, and this time the bombers are further spread out. Target the lead bomber, hit it with everything you’ve got if you can’t easily get into DFM. Use the 6AAM to target it alone and slam the bombers with six missiles at once.
- Now that the bombers are down, there’s on obstacle left. A bomber flashing civilian identification is nearing the city, it must be destroyed, not just shot down. Enter DFM and pound it with the 6AAM or just a series of missiles. Like all bombers, they come equipped with plenty of flares, so don’t get discouraged, your missiles will get through while the flares are being reloaded.
- Once the bomber is down, you’ll have that mission in the bag.
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.