Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 7: Lock and Load
- This is another door gunner mission, but this one is quite a bit more difficult than the first, and you’ll not only need to protect yourself, but the SEALs boarding the shipping container.
- Watch as the SEALs round up the ship workers, you don’t want to kill any allies or civilians here, so lay off the trigger for now, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to shoot things real soon.
- A missile will whizz by from the bridge. The rebels have shown themselves, time to lay down the hurt. Spray down the roof of the bridge, taking special precaution to aim for the missile infantry first.
- Rebels will rush towards your allies on the ship’s deck, weaving between containers. Pick them apart until your helicopter turns to face the pathway leading around the bridge. It’s swarming with infantry and RPGs. Clear it out.
- Off the ship, you’ll take some fire from a fishing boat. All the fishing boats on the water are manned with rebels, so take them out as you fly through the city towards the next ship.
- Reaching the next ship, your allies are already landed, while rebels pour out of the upper decks above and to the left and right of the central cabin. It’s ugly in there, be very careful where you shoot, use the zoom function to get a close look and accurately pick off the enemy without clipping your allies.
- Once your team is on the ground, it’s all about protecting them as they search the deck of the ship. Each of the three rigging structures are strongholds for rebel infantry, clear all three as your allies move forward.
- Take out the troops as they appear behind your team, then you’ll move onto the roof of the bridge to chew up the RPG soldiers.
- Before long, a Hind Helicopter will show up and attack. Pick it apart with your minigun, and try to shoot down its missiles as they fly towards you. The Hind can take some hits, but it’ll fall eventually.
- Clearing that boat, you’ll move onto the next. This one is protected by a veritable fleet of fishing boats armed with missile launchers. Take out the missiles mid-air and blast the boats from afar.
- Back to another boat, the SEALs are pinned, so give them some relief by shooting down the infantry closing in on their position. They’ll use smoke, but that won’t help them too much. Zoom in and blast any rebels weaving through the containers.
- Clearing the bridge, you’ll have to deal with AA turrets and a SAM launcher. Take out the SAM first, then move on to the two AA turrets.
- Once the ship and bridge are secure, you’ll have a big problem on your hands. Two Hinds give chase, and you’ll have to take one out as your helicopter bobs underneath the huge highway still under construction. Shoot the missiles, keep pounding the Hind, and you’ll be okay.
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.