Acer Upgrades Predator Gaming PC
Gaming PCs are a boutique purchase. Alienware, Dell, Falcon, it doesn’t matter where you buy from they all cost a pretty penny but Acer is not a name I automatically associate with a gaming system. Last year, Acer released its Predator Extreme Gaming Desktop and it quickly caught some eyes thanks to the unique case design.
This update to the series brings the system into the modern age of computing by including DirectX 11 video hardware and a Core i7 processor for $2000. While its not a customizable build like Alienware or Falcon offers it does look like a good shelf price. Full specs after the jump.
Acer Predator AG7750-U2222 Extreme Gaming Desktop comes with these specs:
- Intel Core i7-930 Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.06GHz
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Intel X58 Express Chipset + ICH10R
- 12GB DDR3 Memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX470 Graphics Card with 1280MB Discrete Video Memory
- 1.5TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
- High-Definition Audio Support with 7.1-channel Audio Support, THX+EAX
- 11 – USB 2.0
You can order the Predator from Amazon or other online retailers.