Age of Conan Content Update of Chunky Goodness
FunCom has rolled out a major content update for Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. Players levels 55-63 will now find Ymir’s Pass open. This new outdoor area features quests that include new storyline elements. The Amphitheater dungeon has been added as well. FunCom is promising the Age of Conan community “one of the most epic and memorable monster encounters ever created for the game.”
“This is an important update that opens up a lot of new gameplay content for players who have already passed the level fifty mark,” says Game Director Craig Morrison. “In the months ahead we will introduce even more new content, and coming up soon are two exciting new high-level dungeons intended for players who have reached the maximum level. At this stage adding more content and keeping people entertained is very important to us!”
There are many other tweaks including a solution to female avatars squinty eye issue. Its not as big a deal as the earlier breast reduction bug, but I’m sure it will be appreciated. Full update notes follow the break.
- The gates to the brandnew playfield ‘Ymir’s Pass’ are now open. Adventurers from levels 55 to 63 will find new quests and challenges in this playfield, which can be accessed from Eiglophian Mountains, Field of the Dead and Atzel’s Approach.
- The ancient Amphitheatre of Karutonia has been discovered. The entrance to this new dungeon is located in the Ymir’s Pass playfield.
- Getting knocked back while talking to an NPC should no longer make one’s character unable to move or attack.
- Female faces should no longer have squinty eye issues.
- Vitalizing Jolt and other friendly area spells will now properly hit the caster, in Massive PvP zones.
- Armor Ripper III will no longer debuff yourself.
- Fixed an issue where the instant cast spells would not complete instantly and start the next queued spell right away.
- PvP invulnerabilities now appear categorized, like other invulnerabilities.
- A new global chat channel is now available.
- Patrolling guards will always resume their patrol if they get distracted while patrolling.
- Enabled the options for Murderers to travel to Ymir’s Pass and Lacheish.
- Added an option to the Outlaw Smuggler in Lacheish, for the player to travel to Conarch Village from Lacheish Plains.
- Chill crawler Mindrazer and Shadowbearers now properly attack players.
- Kyllikki: Kyllikki and her adds should now only attack players inside her room.
- Kyllikki: White Hand Guard, Gurnakhi Honorguard, White Hand Priest, and White Hand Spellguard should now properly reset when they have no hated targets.
- Kyllikki: Killing Champion of the Honorguard should now stop the raid trash in front of him from spawning.
- Kyllikki: Added a forcefield after the “Champion of the Honorguard” encounter.
- Yakhmar: Yakhmar now spawns adds at a fixed interval.
- Yakhmar: Yakhmar now despawns his adds when he is killed.
- Yakhmar: Yakhmar now properly evades when he’s pulled out of his territory
- Yakhmar: Redesigned Yakhmar’s Lullaby ability to increase the usability of Herald of Xotli and Demonologists in the encounter.
- Yakhmar: Rebalanced Yakhmar’s Wyrmlings to accommodate the changes done to Lullaby.
- Fixed guards in PvP areas to now agro correctly when players use certain spells.
- Khopshef Province Redemption quests should have more correct dialog.
- Outlaw Smuggler NPCs will now show the cost of teleporting you in their dialog.
- Khopshef: Ruthlessness – The male humans killed for this Redemption quest will no longer drop female heads.
- Khopshef Province: Commander Ramartarsi – Players should now be able to interact with Commander Ramartarsi in the “Serpent’s Head Inn” in Khemi.
- Recipes for city items that should require guild buildings, now properly do.
- Some of the new crafted shields were requiring the wrong tradeskill to use – this has been fixed. This change does not negatively effect players who have already learned the recipe — they now may make the item using the proper feat.
- Fixed a rendering bug that caused the sky to “lag behind” camera movement.
- All ledges in Kylikki’s crypt have been blocked off.