Alan Wake DLC – The Writer Video Games
A video game with collectible video games in it — truly, a mind-bending, hall-of-mirrors style occurence. On your way through The Writer, the last Alan Wake DLC, you’ll want to keep an eye out for 10 collectible video games scattered around the environment. We’ll have the full list of the games and their locations, as soon as it’s available. In the meantime, try not to get munched on by the shadows!
Need help with a particularly tricky section? Check out our Alan Wake – The Writer Game Guide.
1. Your first copy is at the end of the winding path if you go left down the fork from where you got the pump action shotgun. You’ll find it on the painting easel at the dead end.
2. After Zane shows up. Check around the other side of the fireplace, near where the objects just were. You’ll see a copy of Night Springs on the hearth. The fireplace is in the center of the room.
3. Run outside by way of the door in the front of the room on the left. Zane will start to speak with you. Go down the stairs and all the way to the end of the balcony, where the game copy is sitting near the wall on the left on top of a garbage can.
4. In the spinning house. This one is tough. As soon as the house starts spinning, backtrack out onto the porch. Wait for it to rotate so that you can climb up onto the fence surrounding the little porch as the house rotates on its side. You’ll need to walk with the rotation of the house carefully so as to not fall off. Drop first onto the underside of the foundation; then onto the back side of the house against the overhang of the roof; and finally onto the roof itself, where you’ll find the game copy. You can try to get inside after you’re done, or just jump off the house onto the platform below, which will hurt.
5. Beyond the deer float, and toward the cliff side beyond, you’ll find broken bed without a mattress and the Night Springs copy on it. It’s a little to the left of the truck. Be careful of attack while you get it.
6. Check the right side of the jackknifed log-hauling truck to find this copy. It’s between the truck and the edge of the bridge.
7. Before you advance from the tools spot, look to the left. You should see a rusting orange piece of construction equipment. Run around behind it and hug the rock wall on your right to find the next Night Springs copy.
8. Check the inside of the plane’s fuselage for another copy of Night Springs.
9. Go around the back of the lighthouse when you arrive and look for a red easy chair just hanging out outside. You’ll find your next copy on the chair’s seat.
10. After the cutscene, head up the hill, away from the cabin. At the top, turn left and step up to the overlook spot. There you’ll find a garbage can, and on top of it, your final Night Springs copy. Getting it and the other nine unlocks the “Licensed Properties” Achievement.