Alone In The Dark 'Keep The Fire Burning' Competition Now Live On Centraldark.Com
Atari announced today details of the ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition in the run-up to the launch of the action survival game Alone in the Dark. Top prizes include a week-long trip to New York or Paris, Xbox 360 and Wii consoles, and a host of exclusive Alone in the Dark goodies including original soundtrack CDs, t-shirts and Art Books. The ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition is now live on the official website and will run until 31 July 2008.
As the release of Alone in the Dark quickly approaches, anticipation for the game is literally heating up. Entrants to the ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition will need to create the largest group of friends for the chance of winning an inferno of prizes. Since fire will be both your best ally and your worst enemy in Alone in the Dark, knowing how to use it to your advantage is crucial. What better way to survive in the dark than with a constant source of light and a little help from your friends?
Use Edward Carnby’s fire to light your torch and pass on the flame to up to ten of your friends. The pressure is on to keep the torch alight as your friends only have 24 hours to pass the flame to ten friends of their own, and so on. To increase your chances of winning, a number code will be hidden somewhere on CentralDark.com each week which will allow you to invite two extra friends to your group. A little investigative work pays off as the largest group of friends with a lit torch will be able to retrace Edward Carnby’s steps in Central Park with a week-long trip to New York.
The competition is easy to enter: simply visit the homepage and click the ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition icon. Full details of the competition prizes are as follows:
• Winning group : 2 trips to New York or Paris and 3 Xbox 360 consoles in a draw between group members
• 2nd largest group : 1 trip to New York or Paris, 1 Xbox 360 console and 1 Wii console in a draw between group members
• 3rd largest group: 1 trip to New York or Paris and 1 Wii console in a draw between group members
• 4th to 10th largest groups: 40 original Alone in the Dark soundtrack CDs, 30 Alone in the Dark Art Books and 20 Alone in the Dark T-shirts in a draw between the groups’ members
• Creators of 40 largest groups will also receive an Alone in the Dark T-shirt
The ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition will also be available on Facebook in early June 2008 for even more chances of winning Alone in the Dark goodies.
Via: Press Release