Amazon Says It’ll Ship Star Wars: The Old Republic One Day Earlier
The official release date for Star Wars: The Old Republic is Dec. 20. But because they’re such nice guys (and for reasons that aren’t really clear), Amazon says it’s going to start shipping the game one day earlier to customers who have already ordered it, so it’ll land on Dec. 19 if you get the right shipping options.
Amazon detailed the new shipping scheme in an official release. “Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we’ve decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011,” the release says. So the new shipping schedule for pre-order customers is as follows:
- Release Date Delivery – on or before 12/19/2011
- One-Day Delivery – on or before 12/19/2011
- Two-Day Delivery – on or before 12/19/2011
- Standard Shipping – on or before 12/24/2011
- Super Saver Shipping – on or before 12/24/2011
Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.
Of course, if you’d opted for a digital pre-order, you might be playing right now. Like I am.