AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 For Windows Released
Maybe you have a great machine already, or you’re looking to build one. Chances are you’ll have an AMD graphics card on it. Relevantly, AMD has released the latest update for Catalyst, AMD Catalyst 2.1. This new software suite updates Catalyst control center and Vision Engine Control Center, and the AMD display driver, and promises to improve performance, reliability and power. In case you’re curious, AMD Catalyst is compatible with AMD’s desktop, FireStream and chipset product families. Among the improvements in this update:
* Random corruption in Call of Duty IV when the Edge Detect filter is enabled is fixed.
* The occasional black screen error in Portal 2 3D mode fixed.
* Random Civilization V crashes when run in DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 mode fixed.
* Random crashes in Resident Evil 5 and Just Cause 2 after enabling the ‘Edge Detect’ filter fixed.
* Battlefield 3 no longer hangs when MSAA is enabled; random hangs in Saints Row: The Third also fixed.
* Dragon Age 2 texture flickering problem in DirectX 9 mode fixed.
There’s more, and you can read a whole breakdown over on steam.