ArmA II, World in Conflict Patches Incoming
ArmA II continues the series that features in-depth team based conflict using an engine that has been used to train military troops. This game is one of those that enjoys a strong, talented mod community which helps keep it ever fresh. ArmA2 v. 1.02 Retail Patch is packed with tweaks improvements listed after the break.
World in Conflict is a real-time strategy offering players 3D battlegrounds and DirectX 10 graphics. It also enjoys a robust modding community. The World in Conflict 1.010 to 1.011 Retail Patch brings four new multiplayer maps into play along with some major re-balancing and bug fixes. The full patch notes are listed after the jump.
ArmA II patch version 1.02 notes:
- - Improved AI driving skills
- - Lowered enemy AI skills for regular and recruit difficulty levels
- - Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing through walls
- - Fixed multiplayer session NAT negotiation
- - Improved game stability (various crash opportunities fixed)
- - Multiple save slots supported
- - Improved terrain shape beyond map borders
- - Various campaign and localization fixes and improvements
- - Modules (F7) support added in the Mission Editor
- - Added option to disable various post-process effects (bloom, blur etc.)
World in Conflict 1.010 to 1.011 Retail Patch notes:
This eleventh update adds four completely new multiplayer maps in new settings. Apart from the new maps, changes have mainly focused on balance tweaks to medium helicopters, medium artillery, and infantry units. In addition several bugs and minor issues have been fixed.
- Four new multiplayer maps:
- do_Apocalypse – Deep in the jungles of the Mekong, Soviet and U.S. forces struggle for possession of a vital intelligence dispatch.
- do_Canal – A tranquil canal divides Soviet and NATO forces as they fight for control of a small French Village.
- do_Studio – In an attempt to crush the morale of the hated Americans, Mother Russia has decided to attack the heart of their enemy’s entertainment industry!
- do_Tequila – A sleepy Mexican village is shaken out of its siesta by the sound of roaring Soviet and U.S. tanks.
Units and balancing:
- All Anti-Air Strike timings are now much more similar, based on the USSR version.
- NATO Air-to-Air Strike has a changed animation of the airplane and is now identical to US and USSR.
- NATO Air-to-Air Strike missiles now have the same speed as on the US and USSR Air-to-Air Strike.
- Infantry squads now drop with a larger spread.
- Infantry squads now have a larger formation spread after move orders.
- Forest clearing has been removed from all units except for artillery units and special abilities on medium tanks.
- Medium Helicopters has had a decrease in health.
- Medium Helicopters has had a decrease in missile and cannon range.
- Medium Helicopters now has decreased cannon blast damage.
- US Medium Helicopters can now fire at targets behind it, making it more similar to the other factions.
- Medium Artillery has had its maximum range decreased.
- Medium Artillery Special Ability now has increased reload time.
- Medium Artillery now receives less reload time improvement when leveling up.
- Tweaked deployment zones on do_Mauer in favor of USSR.
- Tweaked deployment zones on do_Fjord in favor of NATO.
- Changed the special ability effect on US/NATO Medium Artillery to a larger WP cloud, lingering flames and slight terrain deformation. Overall duration now matches gameplay effect.
- Ground marker on the Air-to-Air Strike changed to more accurately reflect target area. This does not in any way affect the functionality of the TA.
- Changed the health of a stone bridge that had 50% more health than it should. All bridges should now be destroyable with two Laser Guided Bombs.
- Fixed a bug where infantry squads would sometimes get deselected when a member of the squad died.
- Fixed a bug where Sniper units inside buildings would sometimes fire at units they did not have line of sight to.
- Fixed a bug where infantry would run out of the forest when dropped from a helicopter.
- Fixed a bug where the LOS shader would in some cases calculate incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where the movement lines in the megamap would remain after the units had been ordered to stop.
- Fixed a bug where the stone bridge used on do_Canal and as_Hillside would move when terrain was deformed close to it.
- Fixed a bug where the server would crash when certain orders were stacked.
- Fixed a bug that caused heat-haze not to render.
- Slight tweaks to USSR Medium Artillery special ability: crater size is more consistent, and the effect no longer occasionally fails to play an impact sound.