As of Today, You Only Need One Game on Mac
I’m talkin’ ’bout Counter-Strike: Source, of course. That’s right, Mac users can, as of today, celebrate or bemoan or ignore (just to account for everyone) the US victory this morning and advancement in the World Cup by bingeing on some CSS. But that’s not all. Remember those big updates Valve was testing back in May? Well, those hit today as well, so today is generally just an awesome day for Counter-Strikers. The rundown after the jump.
- 144 achievements added
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Incorporated many source engine updates
And one last thing: It’s on sale for $6.80 (!), but only for today and tomorrow. And I gotta say, if you’re a PC gamer and you don’t own CSS already, you’re kind of a f**k if you won’t pay $6.80 for it. Really. So go buy it.