Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Moving On
- Bandits and Cloakwood
- Baldur’s Gate
- Return to Candlekeep
- The Big Bad
- You may not have gotten everything done back at Candlekeep, but there’s nothing you can do about that now, they require a fancy book to let you back in. And likely you don’t have enough juice to do much combat in the woods, and there are wolves around. To the Friendly Arm Inn it is!
- Along the way you’ll meet a hermit, and further along the path, two travelers. If you so choose, you can help them with their quest, or ask them to tag along with you to the Inn first. Keep heading north to the Inn, and when you meet a messenger, the location where you were ambushed is immediately to your northwest. A wolf will be in your way, you’ll wanna save first because you’re kind of a wuss. But at the point where you were ambushed are some bodies with loot, including Glorion, who carries a letter with some exposition. Equip your new gear, head back to the path, and go east.
- On the next screen you’ll be greeted by an old man. After talking to him head to the east to find a crossroads and then head north to the inn. There will be some minor critters on the way, so save before you enter the wilds, and ready a healing potion just in case.
- Once you reach the Inn, which is actually a small stronghold, talk to the commoners for the lay of the land, including some information on the folks who run the place and the iron shortage/blight thingee going around. A suspicious guy may talk to you. He’s gonna try to kill you, no matter how you respond to his questions. Get out of the way and let the guards beat on him a bit, because you’re not ready to face a wizard by yourself. He may hit you with panic, in which case you’ll go wander off for a while.
- There’s a temple where you can be healed for some gold, so if you took damage from the attempted assassination, take care of it there. Otherwise, head into the inn, and look in a corner for the friends of Glorion’s you’re supposed to meet. They will join your party. Now, barring more pressing business, it’s time to head south, to Nashkel, to investigate some quests!
- Along the way you’ll meet some folks, kill some critters, and pass through a town named Beregost. Here’s a good place to sell whatever you’ve picked up along the way and bank some coin. On the east side of town you’ll run into a wild mage who will need rescuing, at least if you want her to join your growing gang.
- At the bottom of the town on the east is a dwarf’s forge, and toward the southwest is an inn where you can buy and sell with the barkeep. Be warned, a ruffian may start some trouble with you in the inn. When you’re ready, head out the southwest corner.
- Enter High Hedge and take the path southwest. You’ll meet another adventurer, and soon see a fortress. It’s the home of a powerful wizard that will sell to you if you’re fancy enough. Gnolls are about, but with your full party, you should be fine by now.
- By now I’m going to assume you’re getting the hang of the basics, and you can choose to do side quests on your own, so we’re going to move on to just the imperative story points. Hang on tight!