Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Moving On
- Bandits and Cloakwood
- Baldur’s Gate
- Return to Candlekeep
- The Big Bad
Bandits and Cloakwood
- For your next big quest, head north to Beregost and find the Inn on the west side of town. On the second floor is a chap named Tranzig. You can kill him or get him to surrender to you, either way you’ll get the location of the Bandit’s camp. The woods of the Sharp Teeth are to the northeast of you. Adventure in there and you’ll be captured by a bandit character who will, in fact, take you to his leader.
- The bandit leader, Tazok, will ask you questions and you must prove yourself. When you do, you will be allowed access to the camp. Check it out, ask questions, and when you enter Tazok’s tent, you will be attacked. Beat them down, then find a prisoner named Endar who will tell you the secret behind the iron shortage and the presence of the bandits. Inside the tent is a chest, but it’s trapped. Disarm it to find two documents to Tazok that point to Cloakwood for more answers.
- Cloakwood is now available back by the Friendly Army Inn. There are four areas between you and the mine in Cloakwood which is your next actual destination.
- Enter the area from the southwest corner and you’ll have a fight on your hands. After that, proceed to the mine entrance.
- In the mine, look for a miner in the top right corner of the first level, and he’ll tell you what you have to do. Head down to the second level and you’ll fight a guy named Hareishan in order to enter the prison. Free the slaves (you’ll need 100 gold), and a dwarf will tell you what to do next, and offer to join you.
- Keep going down into the mine, down four levels total. The final fight here is with a mage named Davaeorn on the fourth level. He’s got some nasty tricks, and a varied party is very useful against him. Having Dispel Magic at hand will give you an edge.
- Once the mage is down, look for a key and intel on his body. There’s an elevator to take you all the way up to the first floor, conveniently, so do that. Give the key to the miner at the top left you talked to earlier and he’ll do something very destructive with it.