Batman: Arkham City Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Beginning
- Rescuing Catwoman
- The Bell Tower
- Joker’s Funland
- Catwoman and Poison Ivy
- Cleaning Up the Gotham City Police Department
- Disabling the Disruptors
- Penguin’s Museum
- Finding Ra’s Al Ghul
- The Demon Trials
- Taking the Blood Back to Mr. Freeze
- Infiltrating the Steel Mill
- Catwoman – Confiscated Goods Vault
- Saving the People of Arkham City
- The Theatre
- Catwoman – After the End Credits
Saving the People of Arkham City
1. Run straight ahead a jump up to the gate. Walk forward along the narrow pathway outside. Batman will have a conversation with Oracle and Alfred. Missiles are now hitting all over the place. Once the conversation is over, you’ll need to find the Master Control Program to stop those blasted missiles. They are located on one of the helicopters that are flying by. They’ve apparently bred during your battle with Joker.
2. You need to get fairly close to one to scan it for the program. Make sure their spotlights don’t see you or else you’ll get attacked with machine guns. If you do, glide around the buildings so they’ll lose sight of you. Once you scan the helicopter with the Master Control Program, you have to latch on to it, then grab the program. Once it’s been downloaded, jump off the helicopter.
3. The map screen will open up telling you where to go. It will be the west side of the restricted area. When you get near the marker, you’ll see two snipers guarding the door you need to get into. It’s possible to get behind both of them and take them. I used one of the buildings to glide in on the platforms on their sides and sneak in around them. When they’re taken care of, hack the barrier. Enter then head right.
4. Follow the corridor until you reach a garage door. Use your REC to open it. The door on this level is inaccessible, so drop down the next level directly below you. When you drop down, look for the next garage door to open. Use the REC on it. Enter it, turn left, then open the door in front of you. You’ll see enemies harassing 3 political prisoners. One is armed, and two have stun guns, which you can’t attack from the front, so use “X”, “X”, “square” to hit them from behind.
5. When they’re gone, Hugo Strange will appear on the monitor as you get surrounded by a lot of enemies. When he stops talking, you’ll have to fight. There are normal thugs, ones that can use guns, ones with stun sticks, one with a shield and one with armor. It can be a tough fight. I try to stay by the guns so no one uses them. My strategy is to beat up on the weaker enemies to build up your combo and unleash special attacks on the tougher enemies. After sweating a little, talk to the political prisoners if you like, then head down the manhole.
6. You’ll be in the Collapsed Streets. Follow the sewer then drop all the way down to the bottom from the hole. Use your line launcher to zip toward the platform ahead of you over the gap. Now, zip back to the platform to where you just were, but before you land there, look to your right. You should see a Riddler trophy. That’s where you need to go, so use the line launcher to change directions and zip there. When you’re on the platform, look up along the wall and you’ll see a ledge you can grab with red light from behind.
7. Climb it and shimmy yourself to the right. Drop down on the wooden platform when you reach the end and jump toward the room with the clock in it. Use gel on the floor and fall through. Enter the door and you’ll see Fiona, the nurse, again. You’ll be in the Wonder Foundations. Remember this room? After talking with Fiona, you’ll meet a room full of enemies that are fairly tough. You can still use the gargoyles to your advantage, however. When they’re done for, hack the main elevator in the middle of the room.
8. Here’s how I started off. I waited by the broken wall, then took out the guard that will go down the stairs toward me and patrol to my right. I jumped on one of the gargoyles to survey the situation. I went toward the back and disrupted the weapons of two snipers who start to walk over your direction. Hugo will notice the guard you knocked out eventually, so the group will be on alert.
Jump around the gargoyles when you think an enemy will start using his scanner. They’ll usually say it when they say “switching to thermal”, but sometimes they won’t, so be on alert yourself. From here you just need to pick your targets. The sniper that fancies the back is a good first choice. Whenever I took out a target I always headed back to Fiona as my safe zone.
9. When all guards are defeated, hack the console on the elevator, then when it opens, hack the console in the elevator. Going up Wonder Tower. Also, as a precaution use the vent above the elevator and ride it from the top as you head up. Guards will blast the elevator when it reaches their level. Good thing you got on top eh? Above them is some glass. Take one of them down, then take out the rest.
10. There’s panel to hack on the platform. Hack it and it will open a gate. Shimmy on the ledge to your right, then drop on the platform. There’s a narrow rod that sticks out from the building. Walk across to the end, then turn around and look up. There’s a place where you can grapple. When you’re on the platform, look to your left. You have to jump to that ledge. When you do Batman will walk along it. Follow it until it reaches the end.
11. There’s another rod above you. Grapple to that. Look for another rod to grapple to. It’s near the corner of the building. Walk along it and climb the ladder. Now when you reach the top, glide over the hole, follow the path right, and balance on the rod, the wire, then the other rod, until you reach the platform and a Riddler trophy. Look up and there’s a platform you can grapple directly above. Zip there and hack the panel.
12. A gate high above will open. Grapple to it and follow the path until you reach a vent. Enter the vent and more enemies will be in the vicinity. Follow the vent until you reach grates that give you a third person perspective. The other side of the vent leads to a balcony outside. Take out the enemies one by one. It should be easier than Wonder Foundation. If you head outside, you can use gargoyles to survey the entire deck.
13. When all the enemies are down and out. Go up to where Strange is and hack the console. Watch the cut-scene.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page