Batman: Arkham City Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Beginning
- Rescuing Catwoman
- The Bell Tower
- Joker’s Funland
- Catwoman and Poison Ivy
- Cleaning Up the Gotham City Police Department
- Disabling the Disruptors
- Penguin’s Museum
- Finding Ra’s Al Ghul
- The Demon Trials
- Taking the Blood Back to Mr. Freeze
- Infiltrating the Steel Mill
- Catwoman – Confiscated Goods Vault
- Saving the People of Arkham City
- The Theatre
- Catwoman – After the End Credits
Video and Text Walkthrough
1. You start off as Catwoman looking to crack open a safe, but Two-Face’s thugs are in the way. When the cut-scene ends, you’ll be in full control of the acrobatic Catwoman. If you’ve played Batman: Arkham Asylum before, the controls should start feeling familiar. Press “square” to attack and “triangle” to counter enemy moves when lighting bolts appear above their heads. You’ll know it worked when you see the enemy left reeling.
2. When all enemies are down and out, walk over to the set of stairs where the picture frame is and press “X” to activate it leading to a cut-scene. Once that’s over, it’s time to start the game proper.
3. After the intense cut-scene, you awake as Bruce Wayne in front of a mirror, tied up to a chair with the voice of Hugo Strange on the loud speaker. When the prompt tells you to “break these cuffs”, do so by moving the “left stick” left and right until Bruce falls down on the ground.
4. A guard will immediately enter the room and you’re prompted to press “triangle” to counter his anger towards you. With a swift block and an added headbutt, the guard will be seeing stars. Unfortunately, fairly soon, you will be too. You’re then dragged out to the courtyard.
5. Once outside, past the inmates, look to your right toward the chain-link fence and head to Line A. Wait in line until you can go through. You’ll be hearing a lot of negativity towards Bruce, especially from one who has you on his list. Bang!
6. When you head through, you’ll meet Strange, then be thrown into room with a couple of people. The door closes behind you as the one in front will open. You’ll then be greeted with a raucous crowd of inmates ready to beat the crap out of you and your friends. Of course your buddies will come first.
7. Walk out and counter any enemies that want to do you harm, preferably by breaking their arms. With the last enemy hurting your friend, you’re prompted to strike, so hit “square” and watch one of the hardest hits I’ve ever seen coming from a man with their hands cuffed. Then press “X” to help Ryder up.
8. Unfortunately you won’t be walking out as an inmate with a metal bat sneaks up behind you. You can’t do anything here so watch your ass get beat first in the back of the legs, then to the back of the head. Then to add to the pain, The Penguin will shove his expensive heel into your face. I am going to assume it’s expensive.
9. When you wake up from the boot to the face, you’re getting dragged. Again. You’re then presented to The Penguin. After a verbal exchange, you’ll probably get punched first. You’ll be ready for the next one, so press “triangle” to stop those brass knuckles. Afterward, the enemy mob around you will attack, but they’re no match for a rich man playboy in handcuffs. When the fisticuffs start getting intense, Bruce will break the cuffs in slow motion and you’ll now be able to unleash some fury.
10. When the enemies are done for, the game will tell you to hold “X” to run. Run around if you want, but once you’re done run up to the dumpster with the ladder hanging above. Climb the ladder then jump toward the vents directly in front of you. Keep climbing up until you reach another ladder, then the top of the building. Run to your left when you reach the top and Bruce will call Alfred.
11. When the conversation is over run toward the neon Ace Chemical Building sign where you’ll jump, then hang off the ledge. Shimmy to the right, then up the two sets of ladders. Hold R2 to crouch underneath the small space, then when you get past that, hang on the ledge by pressing R2 then “X”. Shimmy to the right again, then crouch through another small opening that leads to a ladder. Jump over the gap, then you’ll see the package arrive.
12. Climb the final ladder of the building and access the pod with “X”. It’s time to suit up.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page