Batman: Arkham City Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Beginning
- Rescuing Catwoman
- The Bell Tower
- Joker’s Funland
- Catwoman and Poison Ivy
- Cleaning Up the Gotham City Police Department
- Disabling the Disruptors
- Penguin’s Museum
- Finding Ra’s Al Ghul
- The Demon Trials
- Taking the Blood Back to Mr. Freeze
- Infiltrating the Steel Mill
- Catwoman – Confiscated Goods Vault
- Saving the People of Arkham City
- The Theatre
- Catwoman – After the End Credits
1. After the explosion you’ll be perched up on a billboard. If you notice just below you there’s a Riddler panel you can step on, which opens the floor below. Jump down and plant an explosive gel on the unstable floor to nab the trophy.
2. Now back to tracking The Joker. Head up from the trophy room to exit. If you notice on your screen now, there’s an indicator showing you a distance value in meters. Make that number go smaller as you swing and run across the rooftops. If you come across any enemies along the way, take them out for some experience.
3. Also since the hub world is large in it’s own right, it’s easy to get distracted by training missions, Riddler trophies and phone calls. Although if you finish the training missions, you’ll get the grapnel boost, which increases the speed of the grapple, essentially launching you in the air. If you double tap “X” while currently grappling something it will vault you over letting you navigate the city faster. In any case, do them if you wish and when you’re ready, head toward The Joker’s domain.
4. As you start getting closer to the objective, distractions aside, you’ll hear some radio chatter involving Harley. You might also want to fight some bad guys along the way. Do so if you wish and rack that combo multiplier up while getting experience. Also when you approach you’ll see some twisted looking decorations.
5. When you get really close, elevate yourself as high as you can and Batman will call Alfred looking for a route inside. He suggests the front door, but you know better than that. Grapple toward the chimney with the clown heads attached to it and dive in. Ignore the molten stuff.
6. After the brief cut-scene you’ll be hanging on a piece of wire with embers flying and rising around you. Glide toward the only opening and turn right down the corridor. You’ll notice a tight space, so run toward it, then press “R2″ to slide underneath. Keep running forward like Faith from Mirror’s Edge until some heated railings stop you. Time to use the batclaw. Select it and aim for the hatch opening. Pull it open and water rushes out cooling the railings.
7. Now jump down, turn around and follow the corridor. When you reach the edge, drop down and shimmy left, then climb back up and follow the path. You’ll reach another set of railings which you’ll need to balance yourself on. When you reach the end of the railing, jump to the other one Prince of Persia style to safely reach the other side. You’ll reach a dead end, but wait, turn on detective mode to reveal a path underneath. Use your gel to make it go away and drop down.
8. Head forward and crouch underneath the next obstacle. When you reach the steam, use your batarang to hit the red switch to turn it off. Now climb through and follow the crawlspace. You’ll hear some enemies talking and eventually you’ll see them through the fence. If you watch, you’ll see Harley do a bad thing with all the inmates watching.
9. Now you need to save someone. If you were facing the spectacle, turn around by turning right and follow the crawlspace that turns you left. You know you’re in the right place when you see flames coming out of pipes. Time your movements to get past them. Keep following the crawlspace. Eventually you’ll come upon the person you need to save almost getting hit by a huge clown with a sledge hammer. She’ll then get moved to the smelting chamber.
10. As you keep moving forward you’ll hit a section where you’re able to see the enemies while you’re roaming around underneath. Pop out and take an enemy down from below as you face the rest. They’ll be throwing bins at you, so watch out. When the enemies are done for, Harley will come out as you watch a cut-scene.
11. When Harley walks away, Batman will talk to Alfred and let him know he’s going to try to find the female doctor first.
12. Alright, so after fighting the thugs and listening to Harley, you’re off to find the doctor. Search the courtyard and find the door with the sign that says “Deadly Rides” up above. You can also check your map by pressing select and cycling to the map icon. You can follow your objective, which is highlighted in green, but the map won’t reveal itself until you’ve explored it personally.
13. So head through the door, scan the Riddler trophy for later and follow the hallway to the double doors. The door will be covered by 3 armed guards, so you’ll need to find an alternate way through. Look around and find the conveyor belt and find a panel with a red button on it. To make things a bit easier, use detective mode to highlight the panel. Once the button is bataranged, a door will slide open. Enter it, then head right.
14. You’ll be able to grapple to a ledge above. Then when you reach the top, there will be an opening on the right. If you look up, grapple to a vantage point to assess the situation. Swing around the other ledges for better angles if you need to. Drop down to take out the lone guard, then approach the two guards standing next to each other slowly and have them say hello to their craniums.
15. Now turn around up the stairs and head into the room with the big Sionis Industries sign on top. Crash through the window and press “X” to activate Harley’s statue. When she’s done talking, head toward the double doors into the smelting chamber.
16. As you sneak down the corridor, you’ll see a lone guard by the railing, but wait a little bit and a second guard will stand next to him where you can Three Stooge them. Once they’re in sleepy land, grapple yourself up to the protruding ledge above and take in the scenery. You’ll be able to hear the doctor and the guards guarding her. You can also see where they are, using detective mode.
17. When you take out one guard the others will be alerted. Try to take them out one by one. Eventually there will be a lone enemy with the doctor inside the room, so use the vent that leads into the room and take him out. Now talk with the doctor who is tied up in the chair. A cut-scene will ensue. When it’s done, you’ll be given a new weapon, a remote electrical charge. It’s used to power generators and electromagnets.
18. Head out of the room and look for the power generator by using detective mode. It’s long and rectangular. But first, search the bottom floor. You should find a vent that you can open that leads to a Riddler Trophy. After you grab it, head into the open vent and blow the floor below you, which leads to the room with the doctor.
19. Now head to door with the power generator above, enter it and use your new gun again to open the next door. Now head through the double doors and grapple to the ledge above and into an open vent on the right. Follow the short vent and you’ll see four enemies who were welding the door shut. Stay on your game and take them out. You’ll be back in the room with the Harley statue. Level up if you need to, other wise head back out the door.
20. If you want to experiment you can turn the electromagnet on with your new gun which is next to the bumper cars and watch them gravitate towards it. Also, there’s a vent you can use near the cars that leads to a Riddler trophy. Now exit back out the way you came toward the courtyard where Harley pushed the doctor out.
21. When you reach the courtyard, Harley will wonder how you got out of the smelting chamber. Harley will close the door, so you’ll need to figure out to get up there. Turn on your detective mode and look for the electromagnet. Shoot it and the heavy hook will meander toward it. Use momentum to open the door up above. The clown face will get smashed. Also if you swing the hook in the other direction, opposite the clown face, a vent will smash open where you can pick up a Riddler Trophy.
22. Head back and grapple to the newly renovated door. You’ll be met with a kick to the face by Giant One-Armed Clown McGee (with a sledge hammer). You’ll also need to dispatch foes. Try to take out the small potatoes first before you take out the big clown. When all the little guys are gone, pull off some rapid punches until the clown can’t take anymore. He should be pretty easy to take out. Finally, head up, as you hear Harley crying, and watch the cut-scene.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page