Batman: Arkham City Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Beginning
- Rescuing Catwoman
- The Bell Tower
- Joker’s Funland
- Catwoman and Poison Ivy
- Cleaning Up the Gotham City Police Department
- Disabling the Disruptors
- Penguin’s Museum
- Finding Ra’s Al Ghul
- The Demon Trials
- Taking the Blood Back to Mr. Freeze
- Infiltrating the Steel Mill
- Catwoman – Confiscated Goods Vault
- Saving the People of Arkham City
- The Theatre
- Catwoman – After the End Credits
Cleaning Up the Gotham City Police Department
1. After the cut-scene that involves Joker, Batman and a window, you need to find Mr. Freeze to find a cure for yourself, which what was ailing The Joker. Batman will call Alfred and tell him of his plan to use his cowl to read heat signatures and track the coldest point in Arkham City. Start heading to where the temperatures are getting colder, meaning a higher negative number. If you want to take out some aggression, take out any enemies you see along the way to your goal.
2. When you get close, Batman will mention that Mr. Freeze must be using the old GCPD building using an old forensics lab. Check out the place and you’ll notice 5 armed guards trying to get into the locked garage door. You’ll need to get in there, but not before taking these guys out. You can approach silently by taking out the guards roaming on the higher level, then remove the guards that are trying to get into the door using the double takedown maneuver. Take out the last remaining enemy for good measure.
3. Now head back to the door, shoot the generator with your remote electrical charge and slide under to enter the building. Immediately head right and take the radio from the dead guard, to hack into Penguin’s communications. Now enter the door next to where the dead guard was propped.
4. When the game loads you’ll be in the Gotham City Police Department. If you walk out, you’ll notice all the armed guards, so it would be suicide to step out. Instead, you’ll need to find an alternate way through. Turn back around and go down the long hallway. You should see a path up that you can grapple to. Enter the vent and follow it to the exit past the red lights. You’ll see an opening overlooking the guards you saw previously.
5. Plan out your attack so you aren’t overwhelmed. When the final enemy is left, run up close to him and interrogate him about Mr. Freeze. Now it’s time to find Mr. Freeze.
6. Run back to the exit, but before you do, you’ll be trapped by iron bars. Batman will then call Alfred and you’ll then get the unlock codes for the municipal structures. Now you can finally hack those panels.
7. Enter the floor grate that leads into the adjacent room and hack the panel with your cryptographic sequencer. When you hack the panel with a combination of the left stick and right stick, the irons will open up. Now jump back into the grate and exit the police department. More explosions will occur.
8. If you head down the stairs, there will be a breakable wall for you to pick up a Riddler trophy. Run back up and use your gun to turn on the generator to slide underneath. Now off the find Mr. Freeze.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page