Batman: Arkham City Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Beginning
- Rescuing Catwoman
- The Bell Tower
- Joker’s Funland
- Catwoman and Poison Ivy
- Cleaning Up the Gotham City Police Department
- Disabling the Disruptors
- Penguin’s Museum
- Finding Ra’s Al Ghul
- The Demon Trials
- Taking the Blood Back to Mr. Freeze
- Infiltrating the Steel Mill
- Catwoman – Confiscated Goods Vault
- Saving the People of Arkham City
- The Theatre
- Catwoman – After the End Credits
Disabling the Disruptors
1. Once outside, grapple up to get your bearings and look for the waypoint marker or Bat Signal in the sky. Start heading there. Also don’t forget to kick some ass along the way if you feel like it. And you most certainly will.
2. When you get near the marker, you’ll see the museum straight ahead with a few enemies guarding the door, never aware that a gliding Batman will soon be booting them in the face. When they’re on the ground, hack the panel to the front entrance to open the barred door. Enter the building once you’ve successfully hacked it.
3. Once inside, you’ll be met with an enemy, which will turn into enemies, who has stolen Crocodile Dundee’s knife. To counter these guys, hold the left stick away while you’re holding down “triangle”. When they’re done, crash into one of the windows that lead into the adjacent room. There’s a panel there, but something is wrong. When you hack it, your signal starts to jam. It’s time to find those signal disruptors.
4. Head back outside and use the signal tracker to find them. The first one is fairly close, only 37m away. Now grapple your way up and find the first disruptor. It’s on the roof of the museum itself. Take out the enemies guarding it. It’s possible that one of the enemies will be able to unlock the weapon cache, so if you can take him out before he does, do it. After the fight, focus your fists on the disruptor. You’ll need to punch all three screens (terminals) that surround it. Now to head to the second disruptor.
5. Follow the tracker until the number starts to dwindle. Make your way there. The disruptor is found on a metal patio. You’ll also find armed guards here that also happen to love throwing grenades, so be careful on your approach. Once they’re knocked out, break the three terminals on the disruptor and head to the last disruptor, which is a bit farther away, and on a side note, underground, than the previous two.
6. You know you’re on the right track when you see the tunnel with the square glass paneling covering it. There are a lot of armed guards here so it’s a dangerous place as you head to your destination.
7. Since the location is underground, look for a set of stairs that lead into the subway. It’s a bit hard to miss at first glance, but look for the sign that says “Subway”. When you head down, there will be two guards in prime position to execute a double takedown.
8. Take those guys out and keep heading down the stairs, where the sign above says “To The Trains”, toward the final disruptor. Follow the stairs down until you reach the tracks. There’s a vent you can open when you reach the bottom to find another Riddler trophy. As you exit, turn right to face the tracks, then start going left down the tracks, keeping in the mind to let the tracking signal number deplete.
9. There’s a vent ahead on the wall, next to the train that’s blocking the tracks. Enter it and you’ll be lead back the way you can from, but there’s a Riddler trophy there so it’s all worth it. Now, run back to the train next to the vent you previously opened and grapple on top.
10. Once you reach the top, head straight, then enter the opening in the wall to your left. Turn right toward the pipes and slide under them to Mirror’s Edge it up. You’ll reach a wooden wall at the end of the corridor. You can just punch these out of the way, then turn left and jump onto the top of the train car. You’ll see three enemies as they talk with each other. Take them out.
11. Turn toward another garage door and use your electrical charge to power the generator. Slide underneath the door and you’ll see a vent up ahead. Use it to enter the area where the disruptor is, along with armed guards. There are gargoyles you can use to gain a height advantage, so take them up on their offer. Assess the situation and take out each guard when you’re ready. Silently is preferable.
12. When the area is clear, take the disruptor like you did previously, with hard punches. When it’s disabled, explore the area a bit if you would like to look for some Riddler trophies. Remember if you can’t grab them, you can tag them by holding “L2″. When you’re done taking a look around, exit back out the way you came from. If you get lost, don’t forget to use your map to navigate your way upward.
13. As you make your way up, give those access panels a go if you would like to open some doors. Keep going up the stairs and make your way up to the museum. Take out the thugs at the entrance and get ready to head in.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page