Batman: Arkham City Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Beginning
- Rescuing Catwoman
- The Bell Tower
- Joker’s Funland
- Catwoman and Poison Ivy
- Cleaning Up the Gotham City Police Department
- Disabling the Disruptors
- Penguin’s Museum
- Finding Ra’s Al Ghul
- The Demon Trials
- Taking the Blood Back to Mr. Freeze
- Infiltrating the Steel Mill
- Catwoman – Confiscated Goods Vault
- Saving the People of Arkham City
- The Theatre
- Catwoman – After the End Credits
1. When you head inside, you can grab a Riddler trophy on the left by smashing through a window. Tap “L1″ in quick succession to take out the 3 question marks and collect your prize. Now head back into the room where you crashed the window previously and use your sequencer to hack the previously unhackable panel. Once you’ve hacked it, you can now enter the museum without the bars closing in.
2. Run out and grapple up to the scaffolding to gain a better view of the action below. Batman will notice an enemy wearing body armor, along with his gang, behind the T-Rex, who is roughing up someone. You’ll then be prompted to know how to perform a beat down by pressing “circle” to stun, then rapidly tapping “square” for quick strikes.
3. Take out the enemies and talk to the officer who was getting roughed up. After the conversation, Batman decides to rescue his fellow officers, ten of them. Walk down the stairs where the swaying chandeliers are hanging. The map will open and you’ll see the green icons telling you where the officers are located.
4. Open the door down the hallway and hang a left where the spray painted sign says “new recruits this way”. Use your electrical charge to open the garage door. Enter the door, then turn around and Batman will say he can use his remote controlled batarang to push buttons and open the barrier where the “new recruits” arrow leads.
5. Run down the hall where the doors opened and follow the corridor to an opening. You’ll notice the text that appears that says “Gladiator Pit”. I’m pretty sure you’ll know what’s coming up next. A cut-scene will then ensue involving the missing officers and The Penguin. When the cut-scene ends, it’s time to fight a whole mess of enemies. Now let’s watch Mitchell show us what it means to be Batman.
6. After you’ve taken out the swarm of guys, there’s something else on the horizon that The Penguin drops into the arena. A Titan. You’re then prompted to press “circle” three times for an ultra stun. Beat down the Titan for a little bit and Batman will ride on top. Once the enemies come out, you can use the Titan to swing his arms and cut a swath through the bad guys. After some time the Titan will throw you off.
7. Dodge anything the Titan throws at you, while also dodging it’s charges. Keep using the ultra stun and beat down combo to take it out with a nice flourish at the end. Nice, you’ve just taken out a Titan. Batman will then call Alfred once again and Oracle will join the show.
8. When the conversation is over, it’s time to figure out a way through the museum. If you’re facing the staircases with one on your left and one on your right, there’s a red button to press that your remote controlled batarang can hit to your left. Aim the batarang above the fence. The fence is adjacent to the wall that’s decorated with spray paint with the saying “choose your weapon”. When you hit the button, one of the closed gates will open.
9. Run through the gate and immediately to your left, you’ll see a panel. Hack it and a gate will open to reveal an elevator. Hop in the elevator and use your electrical charge to power up the generator inside the elevator. Going up. Now plant explosive gel above you and blow open the ceiling. Climb up into the hallway.
10. Ahead you’ll see a hatch. Use the batclaw to open it and nab a Riddler trophy. Continue following the hallway down and place more gel on the breakable wall ahead. Teach the wall a lesson and head left to enter the door with the green light above it. When you enter the door, you’ll see the words “Torture Chamber” appear. Run down the hallway to the wall of ice and plant explosive gel on it. Shatter the ice and get ready for a cut-scene.
11. After the cut-scene you’ll be inside a huge room with a floor of ice. When you step on it, it will crack so you’ll need to move slowly. Use “R2″ to crouch and head toward the copsicle and press “X” to rescue him. Time for a cinematic.
12. Climb back down to the ice and slowly crouch over toward the centerpiece placed in the middle of the ice. You should see two sculpted stone faces with a beard. Look at the beautiful mug of the one with a wooden platform that’s hanging. Use your batclaw to pull it into the water, then pull it toward you. Get on the raft and you should see a metal ring on the corner of the wall next to one of the frozen cops. Use your batclaw on the ring and pull yourself toward the cop. When you get near him, press “X” to rescue him.
13. Now turn to your right and pull yourself to the next cop that’s on a wooden platform, below the bearded face. Press “X” to rescue him as well. Now use your grapple to reel yourself to the balcony under the bearded face or you can use the ladder. Enter his open maw and follow the corridor down to the door with the green light above it.
14. You’ll meet a new enemy that uses thermal imaging headsets. Take them out strategically, one by one. You can still use the gargoyles above to check out the situation. Also as you explore this area, there are grates you can use on the bottom floor that contains a hidden Riddler trophy. When the enemies are down and out, head to the bridge with the three cops and press “X” to talk to Officer Miller. There are now two cops left to save, but before you leave, explore the area to grab a Riddler trophy, one behind a closed gate you can hack.
15. When you’re done, head up the stairs and enter the door that you entered to gain access to this room. As you go through the corridor there’s a door to be opened with the electrical charge. Use it to slide under the door and you’ll see a gathering of rotating question marks. Quickly dispatch them by tapping “L1″ and the trap should open.
16. Head back out, make a left and another left and you’ll be in the room with the thin ice floor again. Now directly from the doorway you entered to get back into the room, is another room on the opposite wall with another bearded face. Head there using the raft, slowly walking over the ice and grappling on the balcony. Up ahead you’ll see three enemies, but before you take them out, use the panel on your left to disable the trap, then take them out. Head into the door with the green light above it.
17. You’ll now be in the war room. Follow the corridor and slide underneath the gate. You’ll see Mr.Freeze locked up by the Penguin in the most proper tropical environment. Check out the scenery if you wish, then head to the breakable wall to the right of the cage Mr. Freeze is in. Before you detonate the gel, however, it’s time to fight the one armed man and his goons.
18. Like previous fights, try to take out the goons first, then attack the big guy. When you’re on the big guy, pull off some rapid punches and he’ll go down eventually. When they’re all done, head into the wall that was broken and open the panel behind Mr. Freeze’s cage. You’ll get a cut-scene. Now it’s time to head back out to the room to the thin iced floor. When you make your way back, Batman will say the ice is beginning to thaw. Jump on the raft and use the centerpiece to pull yourself.
19. Head back to the room opposite you, where Officer Miller was. When you enter that room, to the left of the bridge, where there is now one cop, is a display with Mr. Freeze’s armor. A cut-scene will start. When it’s finished, you’ll get a “Disruptor: Freeze Override”.
20. After you grab the disruptor device from Mr. Freeze’s suit, run back to the room with the now thawing ice, then pull your way to the “Iceberg Lounge” highlighted in neon blue. When you get close, you’ll meet Jaws again. Beat him down with “square”. When you get close enough to the railing, use your grapple, then head inside. Follow the corridor to the door with the green light above as you keep descending.
21. You’ll enter the lounge and The Penguin will be using Mr. Freeze’s gun, so use the walls for cover. Go in a circle until you get behind him, then whip out the disruptor. You need to get close, so activate it before it can disrupt, then walk forward. When the reticule lights green, you’re good to go. Get up close and punch The Penguin off the balcony. It’s cut-scene time!
22. Time to fight Solomon Grundy. First, run away, then when the lights turn red with a nice foggy mist to them, use an explosive quick gel by pressing “L1″ + “square”. You have to do this with the 3 lights. Grundy will go down so punch him in the head. A small cut-scene will happen where The Penguin will beef up Grundy.
23. In this mode, you need to do the same thing, but the red foggy lights won’t stay so you’ll need to plant them, then detonate them when it lights up. Grundy will go down again, so run up and start punching his head in one more time. Now run up to Grundy and press “square” to finish him off.
24. Well, apparently, it’s not that easy to finish him off as he grabs you before you begin your last strike. Grundy will crawl to the power conduit with you in his hand and electrify himself. Keep tapping “X” to struggle and you’ll be free.
25. Once free, Grundy will use his wrecking ball to create shockwaves on the ground. Dodge these, while planting explosive gels on the red foggy lights one at a time. When you get the last one, it’s time to watch the action, then walk up to Grundy and punch the crap out of him.
26. When Grundy is down, The Penguin joins the fray. Avoid the grenade from the launcher, get close, and savor those punches. The Penguin is now down. Watch the cut-scene with Mr. Freeze. Now it’s time to find Ra’s Al Ghul.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page