Battlefield 2 Patch 1.50 Beta 2 Released
It seems EA/DICE are still committed towards *cough* improving *cough* this almost four year old game.
Now that proper(?) “widescreen support” has been added, I guess it’s time to dust off my BF2 disc and reinstall, eh?
Spidey senses tell me the game is still Vert-, and “widescreen support” equals the command line trick we’ve been using all along.
You can nab the hefty 1.3 GB patch directly following the link(s) below. Detailed release notes regarding the patch found after the break.
And keep checking below on our beloved hosted server for “Beta 2″ to show up (soon, young padawan… soon):
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
- Added support for Widescreen resolutions
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent “runway grieving”.
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model
- Increased the time to go prone after jumping from 0.3 seconds to 0.7 seconds
- Fixed G36E HUD during sprinting to match other weapons.
- Consensus to revert to 0.3 second delay between jump and prone
- Mouse wheel acceleration on jeeps and APC’s
- Mouse wheel acceleration on parachutes
- Falcon controller prevents joystick controls being assigned to work especially on jets and helicopters. Falcon always acts as primary controller for pitch and roll. Resets to Falcon at the start of every round.
- The jets on Highway Tampa were replaced with attack choppers in 1.50 – Highway Tampa is now as it was in 1.41
- The graphics for Highway Tampa are the same as Mashtuur City on create a local match in the menu and load screen.
- Picking up the kit of a player who disconnected causes crashes
- Audio settings do not always save after clicking APPLY
- Registry Version remains at 1.4 after Update 1.5 is installed
- BF2OpenAL.dll was version 220.127.116.11 – Updated to version 18.104.22.168
- ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley was inconsistent with other gas station buildings
- MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC’s control when they capture the Airfield flag
- Challenger2 HUD icon was incorrect showing M1A2 HUD icon instead
- Road to Jalalabad has PLA FAV spawn in place of a MEC FAV
- Dragon Valley Chinese artillery used default respawn time instead of 360 seconds as other artillery uses
- Bizon (PP-19) had no delay time after weapon switch (this now has a delay of 0.666)
- F35B had a lock delay of 1.5 compared to 1 second lock delay of other aircraft
- Incorrect camo Humvee was being spawned in Taraba Quarry
- UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns had 0.25 splash damage setting, down from 3 making it difficult to hit infantry (this is now set to 1.5 to improve the UH-60′s usefulness while not allowing it to dominate)
- It was impossible to pass a claymore unless an engineer disarmed it first (players can now go prone to pass the claymore)
- Allow BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM on machines that support it