Battlefield 3 – Back To Karkand DLC Guide
Table of Contents
With the addition of Back to Karkand to Battlefield 3, there’s definitely a lot more variety in the map rotation and bit of nostalgia for gamers who have played Battlefield 2. There are some nuances to get accumstomed to with the new maps, but basic Battlefield 3 play is obviously still well intact. Here are some basic beginner’s tips for Back to Karkand.
What’s in Back to Karkand?
- Four new maps: Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula)
- Ten new weapons: 2 each under assault rifles, carbines, machine guns, and sniper rifles, plus a PP-19 and an MK3A1 Shotgun.
- New vehicles including the DPV, and BTR-90.
- In general, use the same strategies with the previous maps in Battlefield 3. Stick with your team and form squads. You’re almost always better off with a group than alone.
- Assault Conquest is exactly like conquest except one team already has control of the points on the map and the other team needs to take control of the points. The attacking team must be aggressive and take as many points as possible, as soon as possible. Things are evened out by giving the attacking team more tickets.
- For the 3 city maps (Strike at Karkand, Sharqui Peninsula, Gulf of Oman), it’s best avoid open spaces and maneuver through the buildings and alleys. This way, you’re covered against snipers or any other class aimed for the roads. It might take longer to get to a control point, but it’s a lot safer.
- Since more buildings can be entered providing a lot more hiding places, don’t assume you’re alone in there. Check every corner of every floor to look out for enemy campers. You’ll also prevent them from spawning team mates.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page