Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Beta Guide
Table of Contents
At the beginning of each match, you will either be placed on the Attacking or the Defending team which will determine your objective for the remainder of the battle.
As the Attacking team, your goal is to fight your way into the opponent’s base and locate their M-Coms to plant explosives on them. Once the timer starts, you’ll need to protect the device from the Defenders who are trying to disarm it. The Attacking team achieves victory when they have successfully destroyed every one of the opponents’ M-Coms without losing all of the re-spawn tickets they have been provided.
As the Defending team, your goal is to post up near the M-Coms in your base and eliminate any Attackers who attempt to plant explosives on it. If your opponents are successful in arming their bomb, you will need to approach the device to disarm it before the timer reaches zero. The Defending team achieves victory when the Attackers have been killed enough times to lose all of their re-spawn tickets before they can destroy all of the M-Coms
Hints and Tips
- On offense, do not retreat from the M-Com after planting your explosives and don’t wait right next to it either. Find a piece of cover a short distance away and keep your sights trained on the device to eliminate any potential defusers.
- When approaching an M-Com, whether on offense or defense, equip a close-range weapon or pistol to more easily clear the area of multiple enemies as quickly as possible.
- On defense, equip a long-range weapon if multiple members of your team are posted up near the M-Coms and move to a distant location. Take cover into a sniping spot and keep your crosshairs aimed at the M-Com at all times to act as the last line of defense in the event your allies are taken out at by a rocket or grenade.
- On offense, approach guarded M-Coms with a long-range weapon and take out any opponents in the vicinity, then equip a close range-weapon to make your final dash. This will help you fend off any enemies that approach before you plant the explosives.
- When attempting to defuse an armed device, move cautiously into the area where M-Com in question is located. Be sure to check, or at least keep an eye on, any blind corners or obstacles that the enemy who planted the explosives could be hiding behind.
- On defense, do not try to defend an M-Com at close range until you are joined by at least two other teammates. Your opponents are already focused on just this spot and will target you immediately for elimination, whereas you will have to keep an eye on everything in the surrounding area at every conceivable distance.
- On offense, use a rocket launcher or sniper rifle from a distance to take out a large cluster of enemies guarding the M-Com. Once the area is cleared, stay put and continue aiming in that direction to provide cover for teammates who attempt to plant the explosives.
- Whether arming or defusing an explosive device, crouch down first to get behind cover or to stay out of the crossfire of a teammate trying to protect you.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page