Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Beta Guide
Table of Contents
This location is modeled after Paris, France in the not-so-distant future and split into three distinct urban territories that include city streets, a public park and an underground subway station. When moving across the entire map, the battle starts in the park, descends into the subway systems and finally comes to a head in the streets of Paris.
In the park, the combat zone will be spacious and have various small offerings of natural cover scattered throughout such as bushes, trees and rock formations. The ground is uneven for the most part, effecting your aim while firing on the run and allowing for frequent escape opportunities over hills. There are also wooden bridges, statues and stone walls stretching around the perimeter of this section of the map.
In the subway area, the battleground is cluttered and confined to tight spaces such as train cars, narrow platforms and cramped locker rooms. There are a countless number of cover-points to hide behind and rooms to duck into which encourages you to stay on the run in between obstacles rather than post up in a sniping spot. This section of the map also offers tactical vantage points from escalators, phone booths and on the subway tracks.
The streets of Paris are a balanced combination of wide-open territory that allows for strategic positioning and obstacle courses of cover that take you off the beaten path. The upper floors of the surrounding buildings have balconies and windows that can be accessed for superior vantage points, but these areas can become easy targets themselves once a sniper makes himself known. There are also parked cars and billboards to hide behind and rooftops to run across in this section of the map.
Hints and Tips
- M-Com Locations in the Park
- At the foot of the bridge by the satellite.
- Near the green walls by the satellite.
- M-Com Locations in the Subway Station
- The bathroom.
- In front of the red wall across from the subway cars by the graffiti and fire extinguisher.
- Outside the locker room by the metal detectors.
- Behind the counter in the room surrounded by broken windows across from the orange seats.
- M-Com Locations on the City Streets
- By the white van behind the bus.
- Within the building on the corner behind the orange and white umbrellas.
- In the park, you can earn a string of kills with the sniper rifle by laying down in the tall grass at the top of a hill. This will keep you concealed while maintaining your line of sight on the enemies below.
- In the subway’s lower level, weave left and right through the tunnel walls and doors of the train while moving forward to your next destination. This will prevent enemies ahead or in pursuit from keeping their crosshairs trained on you.
- In the subway’s upper level, stay out of the open area in the middle unless you are in the process of protecting or attacking the M-Com. There are too many hallways and entry points in the surrounding walls for enemies to suddenly emerge from.
- On the streets of Paris, use the umbrellas and awnings as cover from snipers perched in the windows above, then run into the nearest doorway to escape them altogether.
- In the park, avoid the paved pathways at all costs when moving across the area as they provide little cover and are usually downhill from vantage points that enemies could use to easily take you out.
- Based on the average distance from enemies because of the area’s layout, long-range weapons such as the sniper rifle are most effective in the park and close-range weapons like the shot gun work best in the subway. On the streets of Paris use long-range weapons when moving through the streets or squares and equip close-range weapons when heading into a building.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page