Battlefield 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Semper Fidelis
- Operation Swordbreaker
- Going Hunting
- Operation Guillotine
- Thunder Run
- Fear No Evil
- Night Shift
- Rock and a Hard Place
- The Great Destroyer
1. It’s a rain soaked evening. Campo will task you to shoot the lights in the parking lot so another team can insert in the cover of darkness. Shoot them all and watch the other team rope in.
2. Follow Campo to the next position on the rooftop as the team advances. Use your scope to take out the enemy that appears on the second floor of the building by the alley. He’ll be highlighted. When he’s taken out, follow Campo to the next position on the rooftop. You’ll rappel down.
3. Keep following Campo and take cover when the van drives by. Take the alley way by the bad guys near the barrel. Don’t engage, and keep following. You’ll reach a wall and Campo will help you up. You’ll then help him over. Take cover behind the corner of the wall and an enemy will appear with a red diamond above his head who is watching the street. Take him out when you’re ready.
4. Follow Campo as he takes cover inside a garage to let some troops on the street pass. Keep heading down the road and climb up the ladder Campo climbs. When you reach the top, take position where Campo kneels overlooking the street. There are two enemies on the right hand sidewalk that will bar the other team from advancing. Shoot them so the other team can head across.
5. To your right is a ladder, climb down and Campo will follow suit. If you accidentally fall, don’t worry, you’ll survive the jump. Keep following Campo and take cover when he takes cover, then follow him up, through, and down the overpass. Keep going down the street, into another alley way and inside the building. As you make your way up, there’s a lone enemy that needs stabbing. You’ll automatically equip your knife when you get close enough.
Alright, so I’m reading other people are having trouble getting past this part. I did too. Usually when you want to sneak up on someone and knife them, your first instinct is to crouch, so that’s what I did, but for some reason, I kept dying trying to get close. To get past this part, do not crouch. You simply just need to walk up to him and press “LMB”. That makes total sense right?
6. Anyway, once he’s down, enemy troops will enter the area and try to shoot you. Look for the marker above Campo’s head and run as fast as you can. You’ll drop down into a sewer, so follow Campo all the way through. When you reach the end, climb the ladder and immediately take cover. Take out all the enemies barring your progress, then follow Campo up the stairs and through a door. You’ll enter the room where Capt. Miller was being held.
7. After radio communication, enemy troops will flood the adjacent room. Take cover and mow them down, then follow Campo down the flight of stairs. Follow Campo until you reach friendly troops. After the conversation, head through the building, while following Campo and the rest of the troops.
8. You and Campo will split with the rest of squad by heading up the ladder. When you reach the top, follow Campo and get into position defending the troops. This is a fairly lengthy firefight. Enemy troops will appear on the right hand side at first, with a sprinkle of RPG troops on the rooftops and a machine gunner on a truck. They’ll eventually see your position and try to take you out as well. Take cover if you need to.
9. Al-Bashir will soon become mobile and escape from the building the other team was breaching. When this happens, Campo will leave position. Follow him to stop the car. When you reach the edge of the building, you’ll equip your secondary gun. Spray the car as it goes by and it will crash.
10. Head for the crash site and Campo will carry Al-Bashir. Immediately cover the road on the right side, where Al-Bashir’s car zoomed past, as Campo carries him to safety. Campo will enter a gate. Cover the gate and don’t let anyone get past. After you’ve done your job, head toward the marker on the door and enter. Follow the marker until you’ve reached Campo. He’s on the second floor.
11. You’ll now have to defend this area. Place 3 claymores and cover the entrances on the ground floor. Head back up to where Campo is. Shoot the enemies on the ground floor. I stayed behind the escalator for cover. When they’re down, more enemies will swarm the area on the second floor, north side. Take cover and ride out the wave. You’ll then relocate. Follow Campo. You’ll stay on the second floor, but be in a different store front.
12. Enemies will then come in a wave in the south/southwest side. Some will have elevated positions, to keep on eye on the ones above. There will also be some that run for your position. They should be easy to pick off as they barrel toward you. When the enemies cease, you’ll soon hear your ride for extraction. Take out a small group on the south side before you head out. Follow Campo outside as he carries Al-Bashir.
13. You’ll be surrounded here, so take lots of cover. When Campo gets close to the Osprey, take cover behind it and take out anyone looking to do you harm, which is everyone else. Wait until it’s okay to enter the Osprey, then run the hell in there. You’ll then talk with Al-Bashir for the last time.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page