Battlefield 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Semper Fidelis
- Operation Swordbreaker
- Going Hunting
- Operation Guillotine
- Thunder Run
- Fear No Evil
- Night Shift
- Rock and a Hard Place
- The Great Destroyer
Fire From the Sky
Alright, so I was never good at flying a helicopter in Bad Company 2 so it’s safe to say that helicopters in Battlefield 3 will give me trouble. But after so many crashes on this level I will say that this mission has forced me to be decent at flying. So, if you’re having trouble flying, keep playing this mission until you get the hang of it.
1. So when you start the mission, you’re either flying or manning the guns. Usually if you’re hosting, you’ll be flying first. As the pilot it’s your job to keep the helicopter fairly steady as well as aimed in the right direction, so the gunner can take out the ground targets that appear.
2. Head forward toward the village along the river. Don’t go too far ahead of the other helicopters or it will be mission over if you go past the mission area. Move forward and the helicopters will drop troops to start the assault. You’ll be the eye in the sky and eliminate any threats, so keep these troops safe.
3. When the troops land, after a little bit of time has passed, two mortar teams will attack the ground troops. Get into a position where your gunner can take them out and let the bullets do the rest.
4. Now locate the troops and they’ll be attacked as they progress. The enemies will not appear on the radar unless you mark them with “Q”, which you should do, but at first. look for the tracers and fire on the opposing forces. You can hover over the firefight. They should go down fairly quickly.
5. RPG troops will then appear in two locations. Both will be past the bridge where the troops need to cross. Blow them up and for good measure the building underneath them. You can hover here as well and let your gunner have at it. The team will move up, but there will be troops emerging from the buildings. Give them support fire.
6. When it’s clear, BMPs will appear up ahead. They’ll be firing upon you so watch out and try not take too much damage. Use missiles on these guys and they should go down in no time.
7. It’s time for more fire support. Locate your ground troops and provide them gunfire from the enemy. During these sequences as a gunner, it’s easier to use infrared, but whenever you exit the view, the light will brighten like you’ve just stepped out of a vault for the very first time. In any case, protect your troops then take out the RPG troopers that show up.
8. As the troops keep moving forward, here’s where it gets a bit tricky. Anti-aircraft vehicles will now appear in the distance targeting you. Stay away, but keep it close enough so you can target them with your missiles. The gunner is essential here for taking out the AAs quickly. If you get damaged use the fire extinguisher. The pilot can also swoop in and fire rockets.
9. When they’re destroyed, the ground troops will move up once again as they head to their destination. After a little bit of time an AA and a BMP will appear. They’re on opposite ends. I’d recommend taking out the BMP first, since they’re in direct threat to the ground troops. When both of the vehicles are down, a mobile AA will come out. Take it out quickly.
10. The forces on the ground will need support once again as enemy troops start the firefight. Make them pay for firing on your troops. Once the troops rescue the general, they’ll head out. Take out any enemies that are in their way. They’ll appear on an open field.
11. One mobile AA and a BMP will then appear together. Counter-attack and turn them into piles of smoking wreckage. Once they’ve been taken out, clear the remaining enemies and watch the squad safely extract.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page