Battlefield 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Semper Fidelis
- Operation Swordbreaker
- Going Hunting
- Operation Guillotine
- Thunder Run
- Fear No Evil
- Night Shift
- Rock and a Hard Place
- The Great Destroyer
1. When you get out of the Humvee, follow your squad mates. The group will be given orders as they look over a map of the area. The task is to find some missing marines, Viper Squad. Your squad will start running through the buildings. Keep following your squad as they run through the area. During the long stretch of alley way, you’re able to press “LShift” to run.
2. Your squad will stop right before the street intersection at the gate from a tunnel. You’ll see a car full of bad guys pass. When the coast is clear, the squad will move out and split up. Follow your squad mate with the big “Follow” above his head. Wait at the door with him and he’ll open it. Follow him and meet up with the rest of the squad.
3. Unfortunately for Chaffin, there’s a sniper and he gets hit. You’re the one to drag him away from the firefight. Press “Space” when the game prompts you to do so. Now take out the enemies in the parking lot. Use lots of cover. When the first wave stops, move forward a little bit and two RPGers will appear from the second story of one of the buildings directly in front. Take them out.
4. Move forward a little bit more and a group of bad guys will come out from the gate as well as over the walls. Stand together until this wave has been decimated. You’ll now have to regroup back at the garage and approach a different way. Move with your squad and you’ll see a diamond that says “Move” above it. Go there. Part of the squad will line up by the door, the others will stay with Chaffin.
5. Follow your squad mate up the staircase all the way to the top. Wait for them to open the door. You’ll enter a darkly lit room and you’ll have to run past the windows on your left to avoid the gunfire. When your squad stops, 3 enemies will breach a door. Take them out.
6. When they’re dead, follow the squad through the door where the 3 bad guys breached, and go up another set of stairs to take out the sniper. When you reach the roof, your squad will take cover behind a wall and a shot from the sniper rings out hitting a potted plant. Follow the squad cover-to-cover to draw out the sniper. Each time you proceed, the sniper will fire a shot.
7. When you reach a spot where you can’t go to cover anymore, the squad will prone to find cover. Wait for your squad to get into position, then when they’re ready, press “Z” to prone and crawl where they are. When you reach them, one of your squad mates will give you an AT. Your squad will then get ready. They’ll countdown from 3 and provide suppressing fire. Get up by pressing “C” and aim for the red diamond where the sniper is. The building will take heaps of damage.
8. After the sniper has been taken out, it’s time to extract Chaffin. You’ll stay on the rooftops and provide cover. Press “2″ to switch to your secondary sniper rifle. Kill any would be attackers. They first start coming from the street then to the building on the left of the street you’re overlooking. As the extraction team takes cover, more enemies will appear once more on the street and in another building on the left. Once they’re gone, Chaffin should be safe. Now it’s time to get off the rooftops since the enemies now know where you are.
9. Follow the squad and wait for them to make a bridge with a large wood plank to cross the adjacent rooftop. You’ll have to cross single file. Keep following the squad down to street level and you’ll hit a market area. The squad will lead you into a building. When they take cover, enemies will be present down the hallway. Take them out. There’s also an ammo supply crate if you need it. When all enemies are down, stay with your squad and you’ll be outside the building right where Viper Squad is, some KIA and others injured.
10. You’ll soon see that there’s a wire underneath Viper Squad’s Humvees. You’ve just been volunteered to follow the wire. Follow it through the door. You’ll see some washing machines in the first room. You’ll then see an air duct. Go prone and crawl through the duct. You’ll drop to the source of the wire. Press “E” to access it. You’ll pull the first wire, but then be attacked from behind. Press “E” for the first quick time event, then “left mouse button” to finish the guy off. You’ll then pull the second plug. Now time to exit.
11. Head out of the caged room, make a right, then a left over the scaffolding. Head right up the stairs and follow the wire to the exit. When you reach the street, take out some enemies by the street walkway. You’ll then have to get on that walkway and use a LMG to to quell the attack.
12. Now you don’t have to stay on the walkway since you’re a prime target. You don’t even really need to use the LMG. I stayed back by the top of the stairs and used the sniper rifle to take out the enemy force. I found it was a bit easier that way. Once you’ve held the walkway, helicopters will bat clean up. Now head toward the next marker behind you.
13. You’ll man a machine gun. Start taking out the horde of enemies coming down the street. Those little tremors that you felt during this mission? It’s going to be a big one. You’ll fall off the truck, see the concrete below you crack and wave, and the last thing you see will be a building about to collapse on top of you.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page