Battlefield 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Semper Fidelis
- Operation Swordbreaker
- Going Hunting
- Operation Guillotine
- Thunder Run
- Fear No Evil
- Night Shift
- Rock and a Hard Place
- The Great Destroyer
1. You’ll start off inside a ship and follow your pilot to the deck of the ship. As you head out, water is splashing everywhere, giving off some nice effects. You’ll enter the jet after you put on your helmet. Press “E” to close the lid.
2. Before you take off, you’ll need to check a few things first. Look to your left and check the flaps. You’ll see them move. Now look to your right and check the flaps there as well. Afterwards, press “E” to check your helmet HMD visor.
3. Time to check weapons. Press “1″ to switch to cannons and press “LMB” to fire. Don’t worry, you won’t blow up. Then press “2″ to switch to missiles, then press “LMB” to fire as well. Now press “X” to check flare deployment. Everything should be good. Now press “E” to take off as “Danger Zone” starts to play. Just kidding.
4. Shortly after being in the air, you’ll head up above the clouds and start getting fired upon. It’s time to split up and engage. One of the bogeys will dart behind you. When you start hearing the beeps, you’re being locked on. Use the flares to avoid the missiles the bogey will be shooting at you.
5. The bogey will then end up in front of you. He’s a prime target now. You’ll then turn on your visor and see a red targeting reticule on the bogey. Keep him in the center and wait for it to lock. Once it is, press “LMB” to launch a missile. He’ll deploy flares, but keep at it. The bogey will explode eventually. Take out another one as well.
6. More bogeys will enter the vicinity. Use your flares to avoid the missiles, then take them out when they’re in a vulnerable position. Continually scan the airspace and take out the rest of the hostiles. When it looks clear, your wingman, Shark 4-2, will be shot down. 2 more bogeys will appear behind you. Don’t be bashful and use those countermeasures, then take them out when they end up in front of you. The dog-fighting should now be over, but it’s time to make a run toward the airfield.
7. When you get close, SAMs will be trying to take out the squadron. Some shots will be successful. You have to take out the SAM sites, so you’ll then switch to a different view as you access the console. Now switch to the HARM missiles by pressing “1″ when it prompts you to, and take out the highlighted SAMs. If you need a better view you can press “RMB” to zoom in on the action. Once the SAM sites are disposed of, lasing targets will be your next objective.
8. Press “2″ to select JDAM Bomb Guidance, then press “C” to switch to infrared. The planes you have to blow up will be highlighted in white. When you see one press “LMB” to target it and keep the reticule above it until it’s blown to smithereens. Two more jets will emerge from the hangars, take them out too.
9. 3 vehicles will then move along the runway, possibly the High Value Target. Be ready to lase the targets. Wait until the targets are verified. A red diamond reticule will appear and once “WAIT” turns into “RDY”, press “3″ to call in the A-10 Thunderbolt and then press “LMB” call a strike in the area. Targets will be running after the strike. Take out the group that’s highlighted. It’s now mission complete as you watch the jet land on the ship in all it’s night vision glory.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page