Battlefield 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Semper Fidelis
- Operation Swordbreaker
- Going Hunting
- Operation Guillotine
- Thunder Run
- Fear No Evil
- Night Shift
- Rock and a Hard Place
- The Great Destroyer
1. You start this mission at night, overlooking the city. You’ll be prepping for the mission as you see the fighting from a distance. When orders are called in, you and the rest of the team will move up. But before you go, you’ll be given a mortar.
2. Run with the team, but make sure to follow. You’ll be in some heavy fire with explosions going off everywhere. Keep running down the hill until you reach the spray painted wall. Set up your mortar at the marker and you’ll shoot off a round.
3. Head toward your squad mate by the wall and climb over with his help. As you make it over, you’ll be under fire. Take some cover and shoot any attackers firing from the stone wall straight ahead. When the gunfire temporarily stops, follow your squad mate to the bottom of the stone wall and make a right along the water.
4. More enemies will appear down stream. They’re bunched up, so shoot to your heart’s desire until no one is left standing. Keep moving down the water and make a left up the stairs. As you reach the top you’ll see a red diamond indicating that you’ll need to take that position out. Shoot the enemies there who are using the sandbags for cover. When they’re down and out, another red diamond will appear. Head there, but make sure to kill any stragglers.
5. Fire from the second position will be heavy, so take cover along the way. There’s a wall that stands between you and the position where the enemies are dug in. Use the wall and throw a grenade to whittle them away. Eventually they’ll be taken out, but enemies will be along the path that lead up to the now decimated enemy position. Take them out, then run up the path to get into the building. You should see a marker.
6. As you make your way up, the gunfire just doesn’t cease. Take cover and shoot anyone that you see as you progress to the marker. Push up toward the building and take out anyone with an elevated position, especially the windows. Keep moving forward as the enemies get thinned out. To get to the marker, head up the stairs that turn you left. There could be some enemies as you reach the top, so be cautious. You’ll then see your fellow troops.
7. The door you need to go into will be first be opened by a flaming dead guy. Head into the door and follow the next marker. Press “E” to breach the door, then tap “E” to see your foot struggle with the door as it eventually opens. Follow the hallway to the next door and breach that as well.
8. You’ll be ambushed and be tossed to the ground, but you can still shoot, so have at the guy who put you on your back. Then shoot the other two enemies who pop out. Continue down the hallway and through the garage doors until you reach Capt. Brady. When he’s done talking, head inside the Humvee to ride shotgun.
9. Enjoy the ride until you have to stop. You’ll be forced out to move a car blocking the way. Follow the marker. When you get there of course you’ll be ambushed. Now follow your squad mate as you make your way up the bridge to kill the enemies who just ambushed you.
10. Follow your squad until you get to the street where the bridge is. When you head out, the bridge will be to your left. Take cover behind the truck with it’s brake lights on and pop two bad guys shooting down at the rest of your squad on the left hand side. Now move from cover to cover using the cars to block the incoming bullets, and take out the rest of the enemies on the bridge.
11. When they’re down, follow the marker, then press “Space” to climb up. More enemies will be in the vicinity, so use the same tactic as on the bridge. Use the cars for cover and keep pushing forward. When all seems quiet, a tank will appear. Run! Follow the path that’s covered in rubble. You’ll see a light up ahead above a door. As soon as you enter it, you’ll black out.
12. When you wake up, your squad will be okay and are still with you. Follow your squad to find a way out. Once you see the night sky, you’ll see the tank pass by and will fire on you, but will be taken out soon after. But there will be more tanks.
13. Keep following your squad. They’ll hop over some water, and take cover behind a wall, next to a set of stairs. Go up the stairs and kill the bad guys occupying the area. Now grab the Javelin straight ahead. The targets you need to hit will be marked. So zoom in with “RMB”, wait for the lock-on, and press “LMB” to fire. Two more tanks will appear. Take them out as well. Afterwards, regroup with your squad by following the marker.
14. Everyone will group up behind a wall. There’s a lot of fire coming from the building up ahead so you need to find a back way in. Follow your team mate as he heads left around the building. Keep following him and take out any bad guys in the window up ahead. Follow your team mate past the sand bags and toward the side of the building. You’ll see more sandbags past the umbrellas.
15. Enemies will appear here, so pop a cap in them. When the coast is clear, follow Matkovic to the wall and he’ll help you over it. Wait for him to climb up after you’re over. Now move toward the ladder and you’ll help Matkovic up. When he climbs up, he’ll lower the ladder for you and you’ll automatically climb it.
16. You’ll then see Matkovic climb the railing then jump to the window. Do the same by pressing “Space” as you stand by the railing. When you enter, you’ll be in the bathroom. The door will open and Matkovic will get attacked. Press “E”, then “LMB” to take care of the assailant.
17. Head out of the bathroom and you’ll be equipped with a knife. You still have your weapons though. Immediately take out the enemy who has his back turned to you with the knife. Once you do this, the other enemies will know where you are, so whip out your gun.
18. Use cover and move up the hallway. I went prone since the cover on the left side isn’t that tall. As you crawl your way along the wall, you’ll see a sniper rifle. Take it if you wish and take out the bad guys that appear on the level where you are and the level above you.
19. Follow your team mates until you reach a symmetrical staircase that goes down on the left and right. Use the wall for cover and take out any remaining enemies in the building. When it’s quiet, you’ll be given orders to clear the basement. Follow your team down.
20. You’ll reach an elevator. Get ready to rappel down by pressing “E”, then slowly descend by pressing “Space”. Before you show yourselves at the bottom however, you’ll throw a flashbang, then swoop and kick an enemy. Take out as many enemies as you can while they’re disoriented.
21. Use cover, peek out and take out anyone you see until the entire basement is clear. When it is, move to the marker by the gate. You’ll see a vault. Your team mates will open it. Head inside with them. Look around if you want, but your team will find a case. Help them open it with “E”, then watch the rest.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page