Behold The Mechromancer Skill Tree
In advance of today’s surprise early launch of the Mechromancer character DLC for Borderlands 2, Gearbox has made the entire skill tree for the Mechromancer character available on the official site. Rather than bore you with commentary, let’s get right to what you’re no doubt curious about: Best Friends Forever. Best Friends Forever is one of the Mechromancer’s skill trees; billed prior to the release of the DLC (and of the game) as a way to make Borderlands 2 more amenable to casual players, it allows you to buff things to make the game fairly breezy. Here’s the complete set of skills on the tree:
* Close Enough: Your bullets that hit walls of other object have a chance to ricochet off toward a nearby enemy. Richocheted bullets deal reduced damage.
* Cooking Up Trouble: While you’re gun’s magazine is full, you regenerate health.
* Fancy Mathematics: Improves shield recharge delay and shield recharge rate based on how low your health is. The lower your health, the greater your bonuses.
* Buck Up: Deathtrap1 ability. Deathtrap restores the shields of one ally.
* The Better Half: When your magazine is half empty you gain a fire rate bonus.
* Potent As A Pony: Increases maximum health for you and Deathtrap.
* Upshot Robot: While Deathtrap is active, if you or Deathtrap kill an enemy it increases Deathtrap’s duration and grants both of you a stackable melee damage bonus. Bonuses are lost when Deathtrap goes away.
* Unstoppable Force: Kill skill. Killing an enemy grants you bonus movement speed and causes your shield to regenerate for a short while.
* Explosive Clap: Deathtrap ability. Deathtrap causes and explosion in front of him, dealing explosive damage to all nearby enemies.
* Made Of Sterner Stuff: You and Deathtrap gain damage reduction against all damage types. Additionally, Deathtrap gains bonus melee damage.
* 20% Cooler: Increases the cooldown rate of your action skill.
* Sharing Is Caring: Grants a copy of your shield to Deathtrap.
1) Deathtrap is the Mechromancers killer-robot version of claptrap.