BioShock 2 DLC Coming to PC
It’s been a sad fact of late that PC gamers get their games and DLC later than console owners. BioShock 2 is continuing this trend with the Rapture Metro Pack.
Already available on XBox Live and PlayStation Network (800 MS Points or $9.99, respectively), the Rapture Metro Pack adds six new maps based on single player areas, a bump in max rank (up to 50), three new achievements / trophies, and the option for max rank players to have a ‘Rebirth,’ returning to level one and leveling up again to receive a special mask. You’ll also be able to pick up Zigo and Blache’s Character Pack for 160 MS Points or $1.99.
Also included in this update is the free Kill ‘Em’ Kindly multiplayer mode that pits players against one another to fight to the death using a golf club as a weapon. There is also a substantial PC patch rolling out as well.
You can get a full list of all the changes in the patch right after the break.
PC PATCH NOTES
- Fixed MP freezing and connectivity issues
- Implemented color-blind friendly hacking UI.
- Fixed further issues related to HUD stretching.
- Resolved functionality issues related to NVIDIA 3D Stereo options. Option in the Single Player Options Menu was removed and is now activated through the NVIDIA hardware.
- Fixed an issue where the User’s whole vision would become blurred while using ironsights in DirectX10.
- Fixed a problem where trying to install a patch manually through the appdata directory would not work properly.
- Fixed an exploit in Multiplayer involving Rebirth
- The “Reset All” option in the Multiplayer Controller Settings now functions properly.
- Fixed further issues related to plasmid gene bank hotkeys not taking effect in-game.
- Resolved a problem where two parties consisting of five players were unable to join the same game lobby for any game mode except Survival of the Fittest.
- Fixed various localization bugs for Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where task switching while in a game lobby would not initiate.
- Improved security for various weapon loadout files and fixed related exploits.
- Fixed issue where the title will fail to direct the user to the proper lobby when a join-able match is in session and the user accepts a game invite or attempts to join session in progress.
- Fixed issue when BioShock 2 fails to apply the title update when the files are placed in the appdata directory manually
- Fixed text overrun on the Corpse counter from the first Little Sister
- There are 53 achievements available to the user after installing TU 047.
- Fixed issue where BioShock 2 is listed as two separate games in the Games for Windows – LIVE guide after installing the title update and earning achievements.
- Fixed Spanish language issue where text overrran the textbox provided on the multiplayer lobby
- Fixed German language map title for Fontaine Fisheries
- Players can automatically reach rebirth rank 40 with any rank rebirth profile by viewing the epilogue within the apartment.
- Changes made to customizable controls using the “Reset All” function are not saved when the game is restarted.
- Fixed issue where the title will fail to properly task switch while in a game lobby when account management is chosen on Vista x86 PCs
- Fixed exploit where the user can modify the user specific .ini to acquire weapon loadouts before reaching the appropriate rank