BioShock Getting ‘Ultimate Rapture Edition’ Re-Release
2K Games is taking advantage of the upcoming release of BioShock Infinite by re-releasing the series’ first two titles, including all their DLC add-ons.
It’s called the BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition, and you’ll be able to nab it for $30 on Jan. 14 for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. It’ll include both BioShock 1 and 2, and notably, expansion content like Minerva’s Den for BioShock 2.
Even better is the “Museum of Orphaned Concepts,” a bunch of concept art that didn’t make it into the game and shows the development of Rapture early in the process.
Here’s the list of what’s coming down:
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
We recently spent some time with BioShock Infinite, and it felt a whole lot like old BioShock — so maybe a reminder course is in order. Is the $40 asking price worth it?