Bioshock Goes Gold
Itâ€™s almost here. Can you feel it? Not only does the upcoming release of Bioshock herald the coming of this amazing holiday season, it also may just be one of the best games this year. With so many reports of delays, there have been some doubts as to how many of these A-list titles we will see over the next few months.
You can cross Bioshock off the â€œmaybeâ€ list, as they just announced that they have gone gold. This puts them right on schedule for their initial release dates, (August 21 for North America, August 24 for Europe) so be sure to get those pre-orders in while you can.
Bioshock has gone from largely unknown to insanely popular, and pretty soon we will see if its rise to fame has been warranted. The unofficial start to the holiday season is only a few weeks away, and my wallet is absolutely terrified. Itâ€™s going to be a great season.
Full press release after the jump:
2K Announces BioShockâ„¢ has Gone Gold
Genetically enhanced first-person shooter hits stores on August 21
New York, NY â€“ August 10, 2007 â€“ 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that BioShockâ„¢ has gone to gold master exclusively for the Xbox 360â„¢ video game and entertainment system and Games For Windows. Developed by 2K Boston and 2K Australia, the renowned 2K Games development studios, BioShock is a highly anticipated video game that will be available at stores in North America on August 21, 2007 and in Europe beginning August 24, 2007.
BioShock is a first-person shooter that lets players do things never before possible in the genre. Nearly everything in the game can be turned into a weapon; players can biologically modify their bodies with plasmids, hack devices and systems, upgrade weapons and craft new ammo variants, and experiment with different battle techniques.
Players enter the game as a castaway in Rapture, an underwater utopia torn apart by civil war. Caught between powerful forces and hunted down by genetically modified “splicers” and deadly security systems, players have to come to grips with a dangerous and mysterious world filled with powerful technology and fascinating characters. With multiple avenues for surmounting challenges on both a moral and tactical level, no encounter ever plays out the same and no two gamers will play BioShock the same way.
* Biologically modify your body with plasmids, which are genetic augmentations that empower you with dozens of fantastic abilities including: sending Electrobolts storming from your fingertips, unleashing a swarm of hornets hatched from the veins of your arms, or strategically turning enemies against one another with irritants.
* Take control of your world by hacking devices and systems: reprogram enemy security bots into personal bodyguards, modify vending machines to change prices, and transform machine gun security turrets into powerless pieces of metal.
* Upgrade your weapons at Power-to-the-People stations located through Rapture: craft variants of ammo and plasmids by picking up materials in the city and modifying them at U-Invent kiosks.
* Turn everything into a weapon: the environment, your body, fire and water, and even your worst enemies. BioShockâ€™s free form combat options allow gameplay scenarios to be approached with a variety of weapons: inject active and passive plasmids, utilize environmental objects, exploit political alliances, or use a combination of techniques. Find your style but know when to adapt.
* Explore an incredible and unique art deco world hidden deep under the ocean, vividly illustrated with realistic water effects and truly next generation graphics.
* Make meaningful and mature decisions that culminate in the ultimate question: Do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture to save yourselfâ€¦or risk it all to become their savior?
For more information, visit http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PlayStationÂ® game console, PlayStationÂ®2 and PLAYSTATIONÂ®3 computer entertainment systems, PSPÂ® (PlayStationÂ®Portable) system, XboxÂ® and Xbox 360â„¢ video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, Wiiâ„¢, Nintendo GameCubeâ„¢, Nintendo DSâ„¢ and Game BoyÂ® Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K and 2K Sports, and Global Star Software; and distributes software, hardware and accessories in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, the Xbox logos and the Xbox Live logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements made in reliance upon the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws. Such forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them. The Company has no obligation to update such forward-looking statements. Actual results may vary significantly from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of factors. These risks and uncertainties include the matters relating to the Special Committeeâ€™s investigation of the Companyâ€™s stock option grants and the restatement of our consolidated financial statements. The investigation and conclusions of the Special Committee may result in claims and proceedings relating to such matters, including previously disclosed shareholder and derivative litigation and actions by the Securities and Exchange Commission and/or other governmental agencies and negative tax or other implications for the Company resulting from any accounting adjustments or other factors. Other important factors are described in the Companyâ€™s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2006, and in the Companyâ€™s Form 10-Q for the second quarter ended April 30, 2007 in the section entitled â€œRisk Factors.â€