BioShock New Plasmids and Achievements Arrive Today
Shawn delighted BioShock players yesterday with the news of new Plasmids, achievements and widescreen options for both PC and Xbox 360 platforms. Today, 2K Games and Take-Two announced that the new Plasmids and Tonics, achievements and interface upgrades, are now available for the console on XBL and via a patch for the PC.
“As one of the highest rated games of the year, we wanted to continue to connect with the fans that made BioShock such an overwhelming retail and critically-acclaimed hit,” said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. “We are excited to offer new downloadable content that will extend and enhance the replay value of this title.”
New downloadable content includes:
Four Plasmids and Gene Tonics:
- Sonic Boom: Hurls creatures and objects back with a blast of force
- EVE saver: Enables Plasmids to use less EVE
- Vending Expert: Reduces prices in the vending machines
- Machine Buster: Increases the amount of damage players deal to cameras, bots and turrets
Achievements (Xbox 360):
- Xbox 360 players can gain 100 points for “Brass Balls,” by beating BioShock on the “hard” difficulty setting without dying
In response to gamers’ requests and feedback from the Cult of Rapture community forums, fans of BioShock now have a widescreen option, granting a wider horizontal field of vision, as well as additional enhancements to the game. The Xbox 360 Title Update will be automatically applied at the game’s startup when users log into XBL. PC owners can access both the additional content and gameplay improvements by clicking on the badge at the end of this post.
Via: Press Release