BioWare: No ETA On Ability to Transfer Characters to Other Servers in SWTOR
The launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic seems to have been pretty successful, a few technical issues notwithstanding, and players are finding themselves waiting in lengthy queues in order to get into games. That’s good, in a sense — lots of people playing is the whole point — but at the same time, it means a frustrating inability to find places to play.
Lots of servers are seeing high population density and players needing to queue up to access their characters on those servers. BioWare has heard a lot of requests from players to transfer their characters to other servers, but currently, SWTOR doesn’t support that capability. To deal with the high influx of players, it sounds like BioWare is working on a character transfer ability, but there’s no ETA on it.
Meanwhile, if you’re trying to get into a server with a consistently high population, BioWare advises that they’re seeing these servers hit their absolute limits as far as population. That means you’re not getting in until someone gets out.
BioWare devs are recommending that players who want to avoid queuing up to roll some new characters on a few of the less buys servers. Fire up a few of the less-populated servers and try out a different character. There are quite a few you could roll, after all. Here’s a list of high-population servers BioWare recommends players avoid:
- The Harbinger – US West Coast – PvE
- The Swiftsure – US West Coast – PvP
- The Fatman – US East Coast – PvP
- Bloodworthy – EU English – PvP
- Frostclaw – EU English – PvE
- Legions of Lettow – EU English – PvP
- The Red Eclipse – EU English – PvE
- Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English – PvP
- Darth Revan’s Mask – EU German – PvP
- Darth Traya – EU German – PvP
- Jar’Kai Sword – EU German – PvP
- Hrakert Rift – EU French – PvP
There’s some more information available on this post on the SWTOR Community Forums.