Black Mesa – How to Find the Secret Science Hut [Easter Egg]
Deep in the bowels of Black Mesa, you can find a goofy hidden area that gives you the secret history of the Vance family. Alex and her dad are already plotting against the alien invaders, they’ve even got plans to stop the Combine. It’s amazing how forward thinking these government scientists are. But, don’t take our word for it. Find the hidden area yourself in this awesome remake mod of Half-Life 1.
How to Find the Secret Science Hut
- To find this Easter Egg, you’ll need to reach the precarious cliffs in Chapter 12: Surface Tension.
- Right as you enter the cliff area, look down. Down below, you’ll find the cave containing the portal to this Easter Egg.
- Continue toward the large metal pipe leading to a lower level of the cliffs. At the top of the pipe, you’ll find a cave entrance. Activate the control panel inside before going down the pipe.
- After dropping down the pipe, backtrack in the direction you came from.
- Look for a large rock on the cliff directly outside a collapsed cave entrance. You’ll see two scientific devices on the rock. Activating the panel in the small cave installation at the top of the large pipe earlier has activated the devices.
- From the rock, turn around and enter the collapsed cave. You’ll teleport to a hidden location with a hut.
- Read the many notes, and check out all the good stuff inside. Good luck!
[Via Reddit User ttneko and corrections by Vladoff in the comments.]