Black Mesa – Mod Walkthrough
Need more Black Mesa Mod guides, cheats, and secret strategies? Get Game Front’s comprehensive gaming video library on your iOS-enabled devices – download the Game Front walkthrough app now!
Table of Contents
- Unforeseen Consequences
- Office Complex
- We’ve Got Hostiles
- Blast Pit
- Power Up
- On A Rail
- Residue Processing
- Questionable Ethics
- Surface Tension
- Forget About Freeman
- Lambda Core
On a Rail
- Ride the train as it spins down to the next level. Drive the train straight ahead and watch out for barnacles.
- Continue driving the train to the split in the tracks. Kill any enemies and continue straight forward. Find the electrified water.
- Walk to the left and throw the power switch on the wall. Climb down into the water and find the override. You will need to plug something into it.
- Jump into the water and follow the wires. There will be another plug at the bottom of the water, so grab it and head back to the override. Plug it in.
- Climb back up to the train and throw the power switch again. Use the ladder to head into the room near the switch. Move down the stairs and into the room.
- Press the security door activation button to open the door on the tracks. Head back to the train once the doors are open. Drive the train into the next area.
- Exit the train and move up the ladder to the left. Make sure that the train is still spiraling upwards as you ascend with it. Use cover to destroy any sentries in the area while you are moving up the ladder.
- Once you clear the room of sentries, the lasers will disappear. Your train should now be at the top waiting for you. Board the train and continue forward.
- There will be one sentry on the track. Either avoid the laser completely or destroy it. Drive forward until you are ambushed by a couple of soldiers.
- Kill the soldiers and enter the room they were in. Follow the stairs into another room full of soldiers. You can recruit the security guard in the closet to your left. Clear the room of soldiers.
- Find the room with the tracks. There should be a giant Half-Life symbol above a door. Climb towards it and get to the next floor. There will be a manual door override on the wall.
- Reach the tracks and kill the next group of soldiers. You can use the mounted .50 caliber machine gun near the sandbags. Follow the tracks through the door that you opened.
- You will find the missile launch area. Eliminate any hostiles in the area. On each level, press the green button on outside of each work platform.
- Climb towards the surface. On the top level, press the activation button. The missile will rise. Go back down the ladder to the tracks.
- Board the train. Drive forward and lift the train towards the surface. When you reach a new set of tracks, proceed forward. Keep an eye out for soldiers who will ambush the track.
- Once the checkpoint of soldiers is neutralized, open the set of doors to the right. Open the red door on the left of that room and listen to the soldiers talk about you. When you’re done, shoot them.
- Head out to the surface. While fighting soldiers, cross the tracks to the rocket. To the right of the rocket there will be a basement door glowing red. Find the ladder at the bottom and move up to the launch room.
- Press the red button at the top of the launch room. Once the countdown ends, the missile will launch. Watch the rocket propel itself upwards. Leave the launch room.
- Move back out to the surface. There will be a newly opened set of doors on the tracks. Go through them and go down to the electrified water.
- Find the train on the lower set of tracks. Drive forward into the next area.