Black Ops 2: Mob of the Dead – How to Build the Plane [Guide]
Looking for more secrets, extras, unlockables and commentary? Subscribe to the Game Front Walkthroughs Channel on Youtube!
Build the plane to escape Alcatraz in the first complicated “Easter egg” quest for Mob of the Dead, the new Zombies map in Black Ops 2. In Tranzit, it was all about opening odd portals, in Die Rise you needed strange dragon markings to solve the puzzle, but in Mob of the Dead, it’s all about escape.
Building the plane can be done solo, or with a team. Getting all the parts is faster with a team — why? Because, to get ahead in Mob of the Dead you’ll need to die. There are electrical panels around the prison you can use to zap yourself into Purgatory. While stuck in the Afterlife, you can shoot lighting from your fingertips to help defeat zombies. You can even travel through hidden portals and activate special switches. Don’t stumble around the pearly gates in confusion, see exactly what to do and where to go with our full guide below.
After escaping, check out what else there is to do in this DLC pack. See even more extras, guides, and Easter eggs on the Black Ops 2: Uprising DLC cheats list. See what this add-on has to offer with our Uprising DLC multiplayer & zombies guide. If you’re looking for the complete list of Call of Duty Easter eggs, secrets and unlockables, be sure to browse the compendium of Black Ops 2 cheats.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- No One Escapes Alive (75 points / Silver):
In Mob of the Dead, execute the escape plan.
How to Build the Plane [Locations Guide]
1. First, you’ll need a key. Travel to Michigan Block (or another location) and enter the Afterlife. Jump through the portal, and zap the generator to free the key. Grab the key once it is released.
2. Travel downstairs and use the key on the locked cage. Enter the Afterlife again, and zap the clock-like generator on the opposite wall from the Washing Machine to power it up. When powered, activate the Washing Machine. Wait for the machine to open, then grab the sheets inside.
3. Move up through the Cafeteria and past the Infirmary. On the way to the roof, open the cabinet and grab the item inside.
4. Travel to the Showers, then to the Citadel Tunnels. Push through to the electrical panel to enter the Afterlife. Die, and explore down the steps to the right to find a series of spectral numbers. Enter these three numbers into the locked cabinet at the bottom of the stairs. Have someone unlock it, or unlock it before entering Purgatory. Enter the code by zapping the panels underneath the numbers. A door will open nearby, travel down the path and stay left to find the next required item.
5. Enter the Afterlife just outside the Warden’s Office and jump into the portal above. Follow this path of portals to another generator. Power it up, but you’ll find the locked door in the office is electrified.
6. To get through the door, you’ll need to disable three (3) generators. Travel to the Citadel Tunnels and enter the code door you unlocked previously in step four (4). Continue to another “Citadel Tunnels” sign, and buy open the locked gate to find the generators. Enter the Afterlife, and shoot the three panels connected by blue wires visible on the ground.
7. Now you can return to the Warden’s Office and open the locked door. Take the parts inside.
8. Use the Gondola past Michigan Block, and take the path right onto the docks. Unlock the locked door, and you should spot a part ahead. Right through the door, you’ll see a generator switch and an electrical panel. Enter Purgatory and shoot the generator switch. Revive yourself or have a friend grab the part, then use the generator again to escape.
9. That’s everything. Travel to the roof and build the plane. To unlock the roof door, enter Purgatory near the sign, past the Infirmary and Cafeteria, and look for an open portal in one of the side rooms. Jump through the ceiling and circle around to shoot the generator switch.
10. Jump onto the plane, and take off! Unfortunately, this isn’t the end. You must break the cycle. Stick with Game Front as we discover the rest of this complicated Easter egg.
More Black Ops 2: Uprising achievement guides, easter eggs, and extras.