Black Ops 2: Mob of the Dead – Paranormal Progression Achievement Guide
In Mob of the Dead, dying is the only way to earn the Paranormal Progression achievement. Around every corner of Alcatraz, there are electricity boxes that’ll jolt mobsters into a state of near-death. While knocked senseless, players will enter the Afterlife.
Here, the recently deceased can find secret portals and switches only they can interact with. If you want to open a door without paying, like the achievement demands, you’ll need to use these powers of progression. See one way to do it below.
Don’t die for real. See how to exploit and explore Alcatraz with all the extras and secrets on our Black Ops 2: Uprising DLC cheats list. If you want to learn more about the multiplayer maps, and get some strategies for survival in “Mob of the Dead” check out the Uprising DLC walkthrough for more beginner’s info. Lastly, get the complete list of Call of Duty Easter eggs, secrets and unlockables, on the Black Ops 2 cheats compendium.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Paranormal Progression (5 points / Bronze):
In Mob Of the Dead, open a door without spending points.
Paranormal Progression Achievement Guide
Note: There are multiple ways to earn this achievement.
1. Travel to the roof access, located through the Infirmary. Get to the Infirmary by taking the stairwell locating in the Cafeteria.
2. You’ll see that the roof door is locked. To open the door, enter the Afterlife with an electrical box. Look for wall-mounted boxes with an electricity warning on the side. Standing near will allow you to interact and enter into a ghostly state.
3. Now that you’re in Purgatory, enter the hallway through the door to the left after taking the stairs up into the entrance into the roof access room. This is the same room with the parts case in the back right corner, and a red dog marking to the left of the roof sign.
4. Down the hall while in Purgatory, you should spot a portal. Enter, and follow the arrows up through the ceiling.
5. On the roof, turn left and shoot the small switch-box to the right of the door, stuck on a wall. There’s an odd symbol that glows over the box.
6. The achievement should now unlock. The door to the roof will open, allowing you to begin your escape by finishing the airplane.
More Black Ops 2: Uprising achievement guides, easter eggs, and extras.