Black Ops 2: Mob of the Dead – Pop Goes the Weasel Easter Egg Guide
See how to get the Hell’s Retriever [Step 2] with Game Front Walkthroughs.
We now know how to unlock “Pop Goes the Weasel” Easter egg in Mob of the Dead, and you can finish it too with our complete achievement guide. To get the toughest achievement in the second downloadable zombies map for Black Ops 2, you’ll need to build planes, feed hell hounds, collect skulls, and so much more. It gets complicated fast, and without a good team going through this lengthy slog will be difficult. If you think you’re dedicated enough, check out the steps to break the cycle below.
Dig deeper to discover more of Alcatraz Island’s many secrets on the Black Ops 2: Uprising DLC cheats list, or get some help crushing the achievements on our Uprising DLC zombies guide. If you’re looking for the complete list of Call of Duty Easter eggs, secrets and unlockables, be sure to browse the compendium of Black Ops 2 cheats.
Pop Goes the Weasel Easter Egg Guide
1. Build the Plane on the roof. For detailed steps, check out our Black Ops 2: Mob of the Dead – How to Build the Plane Guide.
2. Acquire the Hell’s Retriever Tomahawk. To find this unique weapon, you’ll need to get the Feed the Beast Achievement. See how to unlock this weapon on the Black Ops 2: Mob of the Dead – Feed the Beast Achievement Guide.
3. Fly the Plane on the roof. After crashing into the bridge, use the electric chairs to your right to return to Alcatraz Island.
4. Go to the prison hallway down from the Warden’s Office. One of the cells contains a blue and green Afterlife poster. Throw the Hell’s Retriever at the poster to burn it off.
5. Down the hall, use the electricity box to enter the Afterlife and enter a new portal just to the left, leading behind the poster cell. Down this path, there’s a crack in the ground with a dead body holding a spoon. Shoot it with your primary lightning attack, and you’ll hear a mysterious laugh.
6. Find the five skulls. They can be spotted while in Purgatory, and can only be collected with the Hell’s Retriever. You’ll also want to get some other collectibles before continuing:
- Skull #1: Down the Gondola, look up past the Gondola’s path to spot this skull on a tall yellow light.
- Skull #2: Nearby, look across the water for a small unreachable dock. The skull is located on the third wooden post from the right.
- Skull #3: Through an opening on the left side of the roof, you can see two corners of the prison in the distance. The closer corner is where the skull is hidden.
- Skull #4: Look out the window inside the Warden’s Office to see a house outside. The skull can be grabbed from the house’s roof, in the top left corner.
- Skull #5: Across from the library, there’s a skull hidden behind a locked cell. Look for a cell with a regular visible skull and hook.
- Gold Spoon: At the far end of the cafeteria, look into the kitchen past the counter. Look on the left wall, the spoon is hidden above a metal table.
- Blundergat: Found on the warden’s desk, obtainable after opening the office.
7. Next, you have to complete the cycle two more times for a grand total of three (including your first trip). That means, you need to ride the plane to the bridge, use the electric chairs to return, then ride the plane to the bridge AGAIN and use the electric chairs AGAIN to return. To flying the plane again, you’ll need to refuel by collecting the fuel canisters again.
8. After three cycles are complete, travel into the Citadel Tunnels past the Showers. Down the stairs, you’ll remember the digital number display.
Input the prisoner numbers in this order; 101, 872, 386, 481. The numbers will change and scramble after each successful input.
9. Collect the 5 glowing headphones. Floating headphones inside bright lights will appear in a path, leading from the Citadel Tunnels up to the Roof. Each one will provide a secret audio history. Collect them all.
10. Board the plane with all your teammates and you in the Afterlife. After crash landing on the bridge, revive yourselves with the electric chairs. Wait for the “KILL” label to appear over a player’s head, and enjoy the carnage. That finally completes the Easter egg quest. Goodluck!
Finale: Good Ending or Bad Ending?
There are two endings to Mob of the Dead — the first CoD: Zombies map to feature a completion state.
While playing with a team, one player will always spawn as the ‘weasel’ that the other three gangsters want dead.
After completing the cycle three times and reviving yourselves, an ending event will occur. Three players will attempt to kill the ‘weasel’ while the ‘weasel’ must kill all three of his former teammates.
The ‘weasel’ will also switch sides, giving him a small advantage in the fight. The zombies will not attack him, they’ll only target the other prisoners.
- Good Ending: The ‘weasel’ kills the other three prisoners. A message will appear reading; “The cycle is broken.”
- Bad Ending: The prisoners manage to kill the ‘weasel’ causing a message to appear, reading; “The cycle continues…”
More Black Ops 2: Uprising achievement guides, easter eggs, and extras.
Additional Info: [Commenter Abyss]