Black Ops 2: Multiplayer – How to Lower Lag & Improve Hit Detection
Tired of your carefully placed shots missing after joining a laggy game of Black Ops 2? Stop worrying about your internet connection, because there’s a simple way to join the best matches available over Xbox Live, PC, or PSN. All it takes is one simple, easy to miss step. Find our quick tips below to improve your Black Ops 2 multiplayer experience.
Check out Game Front’s Black Ops 2 walkthrough for step-by-step instructions to succeed.
How to Lower Lag & Improve Hit Detection
[Video by AndyInput]
- If you’ve been matched to lagging hosts lately, use the search preferences to your advantage and join the best games available.
- To change your matchmaking settings, open “Online” / “XBox Live” / “Playstation Network” -> go to “Public Match” -> go to “Find Match”.
- On the “Find Match” menu, either click the option at the bottom-right corner of the screen or press [X / Square] to access “Search Preferences” to change your settings.
- By default, the preferences are set to “Normal” to find a balance between matching you to new games quickly and finding quality (less laggy) games.
- But, as many players have noticed, there’s an overabundance of high-speed matches. Change your preferences to “Best” to join better matches with less lag. Thanks to all the players, your matchmaking speed shouldn’t lower at all.
- For more help, if you’re an X-box gamer, check out how to resolve NAT issues with Microsoft Support.
Source: [PC Gamer]