Black Ops 2: Origins – Not a Gold Digger Guide
Share with your friends in Black Ops 2 and learn how to use the shovel in Origins. The shovel item can be used to unearth weapons, cash, special parts, or a live grenade. It’s entirely random what you’ll get, but if you’re curious how to unlock a cryptic achievement, check out the guide below.
Not a Gold Digger Achievement Guide
- To earn this achievement, bring at least two (2) players.
- Origins features a new mechanic — digging with a shovel. Mounds of bones can be found throughout the map, but can’t be used until the player grabs a shovel.
- The shovel is located in the spawn room, hanging from the wall near a lamp. Another is against the wall near the bunker’s exit door to Generator 3.
- Once a shovel is acquired, it can’t be lost. Now a prompt will appear when looking at mounds. Dig them up for a random prize.
- To unlock the achievement, simply dig up piles until a free weapon appears. Instead of grabbing it yourself, let your partner take the weapon instead. Achievement unlocked.
- There’s one more oddity with the shovel. If the player digs up lots of mounds in a row without dying, the shovel will become a golden shovel.
- Rarely, unique staff parts will spawn from mounds. These parts can be found in other parts of the map, but usually require extra effort to recover. If you’re attempting to complete the Easter egg or build the Elemental Staffs, you might get lucky while digging.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
Not a Gold Digger:
In Origins, share a weapon you dug up.
More Black Ops 2: Origins achievement guides, easter eggs, and extras.